10 inch Mitre Saw Which one

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whittler1507

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, am looking at adding to my shop a dedicated mitre saw station.
I won't build the station until I've bought the mitre saw which brings me to the question of which one to go for. My shops in a garage so room is an issue, I would also like to keep the dust down as much as possible. I have a inch table saw, so figure that a mitre saw in 10 inch would also be best, as I can swap blades between them.

My first project is a car port, lumber rack, and then pergola.

So which mitre saw would you recommend? An accurate out of the box tool that I won't have to mess about with too much.

Cheers for your help

Well do you want a simple chop saw? or a sliding mitre saw? As to swapping blades, the mitre saw is normally equipped with a negative rake blade to give the best cut. Not something you would use on a table saw too much unless cutting veneered ply etc. TBH i think swapping and changing blades between the 2 will annoy you. By the time you have removed the screws/guards etc on the mitre saw. Done the same on the TS swapped blades. Put original blades back plus all the guarding you will have lost quite a bit of time. Much better to have dedicated blades.

Also budget will play a part in your choice.

Thanks Carl, should have said that a slider is what I'm looking for. Didn't realise that there was a difference in the blade between the two.

I have the Bosch and think it is excellent. It was not true out of the box, I had to do a bit of fettling, but once set up it's been brill.
S

I have the SIP 10" sliding mitre saw....dont buy one !
Not sure what you should buy, but stay away from the SIP one, no matter what blades, no matter how much time i spend setting up the results are poor.

i also never knew there was a difference in blades :oops:

I have the SIP 10" sliding mitre saw....dont buy one !
Not sure what you should buy, but stay away from the SIP one, no matter what blades, no matter how much time i spend setting up the results are poor.

i also never knew there was a difference in blades :oops:

Back