• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

1/4`` Shelf Support pins

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

neilricketts

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, i am wondering if anybody can tell me where i might be able to purchase 1/4`` shelf pin supports within the uk.

cheers neil

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Hafele? Not sure what sizes they do (and I bet they are metric) but they certainly do shelf pins, both brass and nickel.

neilricketts

Established Member
Reaction score
hi, i can find 5mm shelf pins but not the 1/4``. i can get the 1/4`` from america no problem.

cheers neil

Jacob

Pint of bass, porkpie, and packet of crisps please
Reaction score
You could just buy a bit of round bar and cut them off. Or timber dowels are widely used quite satisfactorily.
Whatever you do don't buy Brusso - so expensive they're verging on fraud IMHO.

twothumbs

Established Member
Reaction score
As Jacob says, 1/4 rod cut to length say 1". I was doing that 45 years ago as a cheap/only solution and they were still OK 40+ years later. Take the same care to set out positions/spacings and 'Bobs your uncle'. Fancy things weren't around then or not easily obtained. MS,brass,SS, even plastic rod. Same with bookshelf ends....rod bent into a 'U' shape and shelf drill close to the end. IKEA do in nowadays! Good luck.

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
These people are handy for shelf supports - in 5, 6 or 7mm sizes. If you want to fit into 1/4" holes, they also sell metal sockets which have an OD of 6.3mm which is very close to 1/4" so could work as a converter. Or just drill out to 7mm.

http://www.tuxfordfurniturehardware.co.uk