1/2 router for a router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yandles (Mike), confirmed that all the triton routers come with the above the table winder.

He also admitted that their webpage for what is included is wrong! They are looking to update this in the next couple of weeks.

From what I have seen the pdf's for each of the routers includes the correct acessories and the webpages are wrong.

For example :

The large router comes with 1/2 inch and 12mm collets and not 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch.
The middle one comes with 1/4 inch and 8mm collets!
The small one come with 1/4 inch and 6 mm collets.

What's annoying is that with every other country (except Japan), it appears to be supplied with much more useful 1/2 and 1/4 inch collets.

captainpk":67onfcz6 said:
Yandles (Mike), confirmed that all the triton routers come with the above the table winder.

He also admitted that their webpage for what is included is wrong! They are looking to update this in the next couple of weeks.

From what I have seen the pdf's for each of the routers includes the correct acessories and the webpages are wrong.

For example :

The large router comes with 1/2 inch and 12mm collets and not 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch.
The middle one comes with 1/4 inch and 8mm collets!
The small one come with 1/4 inch and 6 mm collets.

What's annoying is that with every other country (except Japan), it appears to be supplied with much more useful 1/2 and 1/4 inch collets.

forgive me if you know this, but you could just buy a collet to suit?

Correct, I could just buy a collet to suit. Just seems strange, why in the UK, we have a different selection of collets from the rest of the world.

An 1/2 collet costs an extra £16, while not a great amount, does add 10% to the purchase price!

On a side note, I am glad Yandles regonise there site is hard to get the information and looking to remidy the problem.

Still wondering which one to get! It's also not clear that if in the UK, the product for the larger one is a 2000W motor or a 2400W motor!

http://www.tritontools.uk.com/routers.html#TRB001 - States it's 2000W in the UK, but Yandles state it's 2400W!

I have read that at least a 2HP machine should be bought for table use, the middle triton, is 2 1/4 HP, which should hopefully be enough for me. I vearing more towards this one as I can see it being more useful being used outside of the table.

Bit the bullet and ordered the MOF001. It should do everything I need.

The prices also seems very good for a half inch router, with the features I want.

I have written to Triton with regards to the collets. Hopefully they respond in a helpful way.

In the meantime I have all my 1/4 inch router bits from my old router that I shall use initially.

I got the router on Friday. Very nice, the functions all work as I hoped. Still working out how, to get it fixed to the base plate of the router table. I'll get there eventually.

Had a fair few correspondents, with Yandles and Triton. To make sure the information that they're presenting on their website is correct.

Have to say I am really impressed with yandles. It's the first time I have used them; I have mainly used Axminster in the past. But from the experience with their customer service team I will definitely will again.

Tritons response, tbh was not helpful. After a few emails they were still not understanding my point.

Yandles seem to be working hard on their website to get the product information accurate. Look forward to using them again.

Well done. The base plate should just be screwed on. They normally take a bit of effort to pop off the first time, but after that they are ok. :)

Carl, there are a couple of connectors for the base plate, in your experience would it be easier to try and adjust these to connect to the table instead of taking the baseplate off?

Looks like he left the sprung locking connectors in place, so your base plate might just be a bit tight from the factory. ;)

marcros":70ya3s00 said:
the bosch looks great, but overkill for the OP. What about the draper with 2 bases?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-45368-23 ... B00142B980

Sorry to ressurect this, but this router seems hard to find, I'd be interested in this router later on, but is it discontinued or something? Seems the answer to my prayers, 1/2", dual base, cylindrical body and the right price level.

carlb40":qw3fkb2a said:
I have no direct experience with triton routers. My comment was a general one re base plates.
Having looked at various pics, the base plate is designed to come off without the connectors being removed.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j& ... 0101216093

About 5 or so years ago we were all building router tables on this forum and triton was the machine many of us favoured
Ray Girling was argee ( geddit? ) on here suggest a trawl though old posts for advice
Ray was a great bloke often wondered what happened?

Latest posts

Back