080 Scraper blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gebbly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I managed to get a nice looking Record 080 scraper at a car boot this morning (for £3). The down side is that it didnt have a blade with it. Does anyone know of any good sources for scraper blades for a Record 080?
thanks
Gebbly

Gebbly":1xgq5asb said:
Hi All,
I managed to get a nice looking Record 080 scraper at a car boot this morning (for £3). The down side is that it didnt have a blade with it. Does anyone know of any good sources for scraper blades for a Record 080?
thanks
Gebbly

You can make one out of any type if steel, old saw blade that that would be to chatty.
There are a few makers who do replacement irons.

TT

Gebbly":1n18jkw3 said:
Hi All,
thanks
Gebbly
I made mine from an old circular saw blade

Easy enough to make but Axminster sells one which fits. Order Code: 477459.

Also Lee Valley but you'd likely have to order from Canada

Gebbly":2wtt43cz said:
Does anyone know of any good sources for scraper blades for a Record 080?
I doubt you'll find a source of genuine new Record blades, so you could look out for a secondhand one to come up on ebay; or check other manufacturers such as Hock or Lee Valley; or as others have suggested, make your own.

Cheers, Vann.

Thanks for the useful advice all. I'm after a worker rather than a collector so I'll keep an eye out for an old Record blade but in the meantime I'll probably just go with that blade at axminster. My local car boots often have old saws for pennies so I could cut a square from a blade as suggested but not sure I would get a nice square straight edge. Also seems a bit of a shame cutting up an old saw :)

Hock blades from Classic Handtools work much better than the originals but are somewhat expensive.

They are 2.4mm thick, and worth the extra in my opinion.

David Charlesworth

Back