The Lidl plunge saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flh801978

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I was at my local branch of Lidl this morning for the plunge saw at 8 am the doors opened and a scrum of workmen rushed in to get the bargains
There was only 2 plunge saws luckily I got one but in 10 mins all the 18v drills had gone much to the disgust of many more chaps coming to the store at just past opening time
So here it is
It looks good everything seems to work well all thumbscrews are easy to use scales look good the tracks are of a heavy profile and the joiner is sturdy

Maybe someone who has a festool track could comment if their track would work ( If one wanted a longer length !!)

Ian

I am also just back from one of the three local Lidls. Arrived at about 8.20am, and was the only person looking at tools. They had two plunge saws (maybe the standard allocation by store?) about eight drills, five each of nailers and each type of sander. I picked up a ROS, nailer, two packs of nails / staples and two packs of sanding disks. Still in boxes by front door, but at £45 the lot with a 3 year guarantee don't think I can go far wrong.

Terry.

There were at least 4 in the Reading South store this morning -1 now - its in the boot of the car.
Also got the a pair of removal type trolleys look very sturdy.

phil.p":5g0eapg6 said:
Afaik, all their electrical stuff has a three year warranty.
the reason I asked was the website doesn't indicate that the nailer has three year warrenty, wondered if the box said different. I hope to visit my local store at lunchtime

mseries":1v24su2v said:
phil.p":1v24su2v said:
Afaik, all their electrical stuff has a three year warranty.
the reason I asked was the website doesn't indicate that the nailer has three year warrenty, wondered if the box said different. I hope to visit my local store at lunchtime

Box says three year warranty.

Terry.

Mate got the track saw this morning. The track is nice and thick so quite rigid, especially as it is only 70cm. Smooth running along the track.

The only comment I would have is the chip breaking strip is the same as I had on my Woodstar track which was pretty in effective. I replaced with festool strip and it works great.

Hoping to get an 18v impact driver at lunchtime if there are any left.

Got myself the nailer, nails, trolley dolly and some multitool accessories today. Lots left at Sowerby Bridge, one plungsaw

no track saws or impact drivers left in high wycombe store. Got a multi tool bathroom set for £6 though. Will be very handy.

Dumfries store had 8 saws and countless impact drivers got some sanding discs and nails and staples and set of multi blades .
Jim

Am I going to regret not getting this? I've been after a reasonably priced circular saw for a while, mainly for cutting PAR boards down to size.

What's the difference between a plunge saw and a circular saw on a guide rail?

Quicker and easier setup mainly.
With the anti splinter strip fitted a much better cut can be achieved as well.
Due to the design of them you can in some cases cut doors down without having to remove them from the frame etc. etc.

HTH
Roger

Does anyone know if this will run a Scheppach saw track? They look similar but would be good to know for sure.
Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

BearTricks":v8l4jd9a said:
What's the difference between a plunge saw and a circular saw on a guide rail?

It's easier to "plunge" it through a piece of wood, if you don't want to start at an end or cut out a section.

yogibe4r":1m4bzqyp said:
Does anyone know if this will run a Scheppach saw track? They look similar but would be good to know for sure.
Thanks

I don't know about the Scheppach track, but I've tried mine on a festool track and it runs fine on that. just needed a tweek of the adjusters.

Back