Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, CHJ, Noel, Charley

 Reply
By TJ_79
#1346077
Good morning all :) I am looking for a uk supplier of wood burning stamps that would fit a soldering iron. I am after a simple design to stamp my hardwood projects. Has anyone had one made/use one and could point me in the right direction? All online searching returns overseas sellers or branding irons that wouldn't be out of place on a Texas cattle wranch!
Thanks all
User avatar
By Lons
#1346113
I made one, not for soldering iron you have to heat it with a blowtorch but works well. I wanted a rustic look.
Used 20 mm brass rod and just a dremel to grind away, drilled and tapped the end for some threaded rod and locknut, wasn't too difficult.

I was rather pleased with my first effort until I realised I hadn't reversed the image #-o :lol: bottom pic.
Attachments
logo 2.JPG
logo 1.JPG
logo 1.JPG (58.49 KiB) Viewed 398 times
logo,oops.JPG
logo,oops.JPG (53.67 KiB) Viewed 398 times
By TJ_79
#1346120
Lons wrote:I made one, not for soldering iron you have to heat it with a blowtorch but works well. I wanted a rustic look.
Used 20 mm brass rod and just a dremel to grind away, drilled and tapped the end for some threaded rod and locknut, wasn't too difficult.

I was rather pleased with my first effort until I realised I hadn't reversed the image #-o :lol: bottom pic.


Looks great, I`m after a simple acorn outline stamp but not sure my skills stretch that far.
By TJ_79
#1346123
TFrench wrote:Ian Houghton of Chalco Stamp and die. Lovely bloke, incredibly talented. Check him out on instagram (chalco_stamp).

Thanks ill drop him an email.
User avatar
By Lons
#1346128
TJ_79 wrote: I`m after a simple acorn outline stamp but not sure my skills stretch that far.


If you have a dremel or similar it really is very simple as brass grinds easily even with cheap burrs, worth a go if you can get your hands on a bit of brass rod, it wouldn't be any good if you do want a soldering iron type.
User avatar
By ScaredyCat
#1346155
TJ_79 wrote:
TFrench wrote:Ian Houghton of Chalco Stamp and die. Lovely bloke, incredibly talented. Check him out on instagram (chalco_stamp).

Thanks ill drop him an email.


It'd be interested to know approximate costs if you'd be willing to share, just to get an idea of what to expect.

.