Quantcast
  • We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Custom wood burning stamp search

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

TJ_79

New member
Joined
2 Apr 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Portsmouth
Good morning all :) I am looking for a uk supplier of wood burning stamps that would fit a soldering iron. I am after a simple design to stamp my hardwood projects. Has anyone had one made/use one and could point me in the right direction? All online searching returns overseas sellers or branding irons that wouldn't be out of place on a Texas cattle wranch!
Thanks all
 

TFrench

Established Member
Joined
6 Jul 2015
Messages
1,305
Reaction score
122
Location
Leics
Ian Houghton of Chalco Stamp and die. Lovely bloke, incredibly talented. Check him out on instagram (chalco_stamp).
 

Lons

Established Member
Joined
14 Feb 2010
Messages
7,578
Reaction score
304
Location
Northumberland
I made one, not for soldering iron you have to heat it with a blowtorch but works well. I wanted a rustic look.
Used 20 mm brass rod and just a dremel to grind away, drilled and tapped the end for some threaded rod and locknut, wasn't too difficult.

I was rather pleased with my first effort until I realised I hadn't reversed the image #-o :lol: bottom pic.
 

Attachments

TJ_79

New member
Joined
2 Apr 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Portsmouth
Lons":2654hmbf said:
I made one, not for soldering iron you have to heat it with a blowtorch but works well. I wanted a rustic look.
Used 20 mm brass rod and just a dremel to grind away, drilled and tapped the end for some threaded rod and locknut, wasn't too difficult.

I was rather pleased with my first effort until I realised I hadn't reversed the image #-o :lol: bottom pic.
Looks great, I`m after a simple acorn outline stamp but not sure my skills stretch that far.
 

TJ_79

New member
Joined
2 Apr 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Portsmouth
TFrench":17pzok80 said:
Ian Houghton of Chalco Stamp and die. Lovely bloke, incredibly talented. Check him out on instagram (chalco_stamp).
Thanks ill drop him an email.
 

Lons

Established Member
Joined
14 Feb 2010
Messages
7,578
Reaction score
304
Location
Northumberland
TJ_79":366o94ks said:
I`m after a simple acorn outline stamp but not sure my skills stretch that far.
If you have a dremel or similar it really is very simple as brass grinds easily even with cheap burrs, worth a go if you can get your hands on a bit of brass rod, it wouldn't be any good if you do want a soldering iron type.
 

ScaredyCat

Established Member
Joined
17 Mar 2017
Messages
1,069
Reaction score
71
Location
Suffolk
TJ_79":16kgnj4c said:
TFrench":16kgnj4c said:
Ian Houghton of Chalco Stamp and die. Lovely bloke, incredibly talented. Check him out on instagram (chalco_stamp).
Thanks ill drop him an email.
It'd be interested to know approximate costs if you'd be willing to share, just to get an idea of what to expect.

.
 
Top