Source of Makers' Name Plates

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argus

Established Member
Reaction score
Some years ago.... many in fact...... I had a number of cast bronze metal name plates made. These were 32 mm diameter plates with my name on. I think that I ordered a hundred or so. At the rate I use them, my stock is now running out.

I cannot recall who made them, so my question concerns a current source. Who do you get your name plates from?

Thanks to all in advance.

marcros":2ki8i2cq said:
I imagine that they were from makers marks. I asked a similar question here mmakers-marks-t102120.html?hilit=makers

Yes, that firm rings a bell in the memory banks.... I bought mine about15 or 18 years ago. I make pieces one at a time and I'm just getting to the bottom of the barrel.
As I remember, they took a while to fulfill the order, but I wasn't in a hurry. However, there was some criticism about that aspect on this site from others..... ancient history, because they seem to have gone and left a gap in the market. A good product, though.

i have my product badges (which i guess are makers plates) by MBC - badges.org.uk

mine are stamped brass & then plated however i want, they offer hundreds of finishes... here is a pic of mine. i have to get a few hundred made at a time to make it worthwhile but I'm sure they could give you some options.

Attachments

• IMG_0194 copy.jpg
    IMG_0194 copy.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 42
Back