18v DeWalt

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very tempted, but then I have three Nimh 18volt DeWalts two of which I paid an arm and a leg for over twenty years ago, and one LiIo which is not as good as the Nimh's, but they get a lot of use and are very good, having used brushless motors on my model aircraft (up to 2.2M wing span with 10LiPo cells) I know they are the bees knees where electric is going, so as I said very tempted.

Mike

Yeah - a fiver's a fiver. Of course, virtually anything else you want you can buy bare now. A 2ah battery gives a fair amount of work from a jigsaw - I've not done enough with mine to empty a second battery, and I was anticipating needing to buy a larger battery.

With Arthritic hands battery life becomes a moot point I have to stop way before the batteries run low and just put them in the charger to top up LiIo don't have a memory unlike Ninh so recharging before they are fully discharged does not cause them to loose capacity, not only that, but at 3.7volts/cell the 18volt the presumed five cell LiIo is way lighter than the Nimh.

Mike

Back