Mitre Saw 305mm which one???? (100mm depth cuts)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeliGav

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a mitre saw and I need something that will cut 100mm depth and is accurate, wouldn't mind a laser guide on it aswell......If anyone can give me any recommendations of who have had experience of using the tools would be grateful. :?: :?:

Thanks

(hammer)

I think the only really good guide is the shadow light by dewalt. Because it is a bright light shining from the back of the blade it gives a true position for the kerf at any cutting angle without any set up required

Ive never heard great things about the laser guides, which either break or need constant tweaking.

As far recommendations, I suppose it depends on budget. Although the dewalt shadow guide is great, the latest XPS saw I bought I wasnt that impressed with. They may have improved again since then though.

Ive been thinking about the bosch articulated saw -Id be interested to hear what other think about them

http://www.axminster.co.uk/bosch-gcm-12 ... w-ax868064

Lots of love for my DWS780 with the XPS. Bad points would be the rear clearance needed for the rails, the hold down clamp is OK (dewalt do a tip top chunky one that's brilliant for about £50) and the DC could be better. Other than that it's a joy to use for larger stuff. Having said that I've made 6x4 picture frames with great results which speaks for the accuracy you can get out of it (which took a little fettling but was easy to do and has stayed put).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back