Very nice Bluetooth Speaker

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've recently been looking around for a Bluetooth speaker for my garage. I've tried bluetooth headphones but I don't feel comfortable blocking out the background noise as much as they do (as background cancelation is very good these days). I'd rather the machinery noise play over a speaker.

Anyway, the requirements being that it could be mains operated, be reasonably small to fit on a shelf, and also have good sound quality.

After a bit of research, I decided to go with this

81kTXcJUdIL._SL1500_.jpg

It arrived a few days ago and I have been using it for several hours. Very impressed! .. sound quality (imo) is excellent for it's size, it's got a good weight to it, and very good bass (I like my heavy metal, progressive metal type stuff). I didn't think I'd make use of the battery feature, but it's already been very useful as I haven't found a permanent location for it yet. Not tested the full 7 hours, but I think it'll do it as advertised. I love being able to walk into my garage, flip out my phone and stream my music or podcasts with a few swipes. Heaps better over my tinny phone speakers.

I should also point out that initially, I went with this, but the sound quality was balls, so that is going back.

I have an aging Supertooth Disco (http://www.supertooth.net/EN/DISCO/) and love it to bits. Having physical buttons to control playback is handy (saves pecking at the small on-screen ones) and a battery for backup in power cuts (we get plenty of those!) is great too.

my shop is the only place where music isn't played, it's my time and I like to have no other distractions over what I'm doing on the bench.

if it suits you, that's great, crack on. remember to turn it off once in a while though, can't beat the sound of hard work sometimes. :)

novocaine":230vt2jz said:
remember to turn it off once in a while though, can't beat the sound of hard work sometimes. :)

I often find that when I work without music I end up having arguments with myself over something I said or someone said to me. It's very odd. I think I could be losing it.

the only time you are losing it is when you don't win the argument.

I haven't lost one yet, but I'm expecting it soon.

I've an old car radio wired up to some old house hi-fi speakers which works fine for me. Sometimes it can be a bit wierd having no noise, like when the radio isn't on at work, not that you can hear it sometimes over the machinery but still.

novocaine":27yk4bod said:
my shop is the only place where music isn't played, it's my time and I like to have no other distractions over what I'm doing on the bench.

if it suits you, that's great, crack on. remember to turn it off once in a while though, can't beat the sound of hard work sometimes. :)

Hello,

Having a family means that playing music in the workshop is often the only way I can hear me tunes. I have to have a regular injection of Prog! I 'waste' a good deal of space for vintage Hi Fi separates and floorstanding speakers though. I have to hear it properly!

Mike.

I think this is the one my dad's mate had and I remember being very impressed by it, I'm very picky about sound as well, working in audio for a living, it is a great little speaker.

Back