Screwfix complaint

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Burgess

Established Member
Reaction score
Why do I continue to use Screwfix??
An order placed on Sunday - delivered on wednesday afternoon.
The nozzle from a silicon tube missing - they sent a total replacement.
Do you know that Screwfix are now using a computerized packing system?
Last week I believe it sent out 100000 parcels with no contents?
You would have thought that some human would have noticed.

Since B&Q got hold of screwfix it has gone from bad to worse, I normally find that if a parcel doesn't turn up next day delivery it's vanished into oblivion somewhere in parcelforce hades.

I've started using Toolstation - they're chasing Screwfix for business, about 5/10% cheaper and min' for free delivery £40.....a lot of the stuff is just the same cheap rubbish though, caveat empor.

Chris

Wow, I never would've guessed Screwfix were so "high-tech" in the order picking department!!

I've had pretty good service from them in the past two years, only one item in my last order was wrong, but they soon rectified it, free of charge, next day.

I also got a free Ferm biscuit jointer out of them, before selling it on eBay recently for a cool £32.50 (£24.99 RRP!!!) :D :wink:
A while after a bought it, the thread had gone in one of the levers, all they could do was replace the entire unit, not just replace the part.

Next day, the spare arrives. Delivery was "arranged" for a couple of days after... And hey, the ANC bloke never showed up! And the rest is history now. :wink:

I'm a big fan of Toolstation though, even if they appear to have killed off their Liberon range - cheapest prices around. General hand tools aren't the best, but they stock a good range of BOSCH, DeWalt and now SIP, delivery is ALWAYS on time. Not a wrong item in sight!

Toolstation is run by the guy who started Screwfix. He sold Screwfix and I believe in his contract he wasn't able to start up another company for 5 years... the moment it was up he started Toolstation as a direct competitor.

I've bought stuff of Toolstation and they really are good at delivery. I did one order and had it in my hands 11 hours later.

Latest posts

Back