Record rsde1, rsde2 or dx1000?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graduate_owner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me the difference between these 3 models? (Apart from the rsde2 having a slightly larger collection drum).

K

I have the RSDE1 and the DX1000 and the DX is cheaper and better...cant comment on the DE2.

RP are quite acquisitive as a business (eg recent buying of Camvac) and I suspect the reason for so much variation in their DX range is they've integrated different OEM kit into the range over the years.

This, I suspect might explain the design differences between the DX and the RSD ranges. The DX isn't quite as refined and it's marginally noisier but its about the same capacity with a better fitting lid and less expensive.

So I can buy a DX1000 from Machine Mart on a VAT free day for £116. I was asking because there is a RSDE1 on fleabay startig at £50 with 1 bid on. So assuming a final price of say £60, plus fuel cost of around £10 and a possible £25 for a new cartridge filter and a pack of bags, and the total is around £95. I could save myself just over £20 for an equivalent machine, but second hand and with a crack in it. I think I'll pass on that fleabay item.

K

I thought that Record said the RSDE1 was made in the UK and the other imported? We have a Camvac at my club and it's a lot quieter than the RSDE1, I certainly wouldn't have bought my RSDE1 if I'd known how noisy it was going to be.

Back