Brummie Bash-09.Sept 5th.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you using the leather ones this year Paul or the denim ones?
I'm going to miss the dancing on the lawn, see if you can video it for me

Pete

Bodrighy":2v7bdr8x said:
Are you using the leather ones this year Paul or the denim ones?
I'm going to miss the dancing on the lawn, see if you can video it for me

Pete
Thank God I missed that message before retiring! :? Up at this time on a Saturday - I must be keen :)

Morning all :D
Well it's here,and Pete your gonna miss a treat as i have a special pair this year.No videoing allowed though :lol: :lol:

See you all soon,and have a safe journey.
Right wheres me cuppa :D

Just like to say its a pleasure being a member of such a warm,friendly and helpful group like this. Amazing day Paul and a big thanks for hosting it also thanks to George for showing us mere mortals how it should be done :lol: .
Excellent spread from Carol and Di with special waitress Amy keeping us watered.
to quote Del boy it was "Cushty" :lol:
Steve

Sounds as though you all had a good day, I was absolutely gutted to have to pull out on Thursday night due to work commitments :(

Anyone got any pictures ?

Steve

Cheers Paul for another great day. You sure know how to put on a good bash. I was a little shocked when I saw the time and it was 4pm already. I knew I should have made more effort to turn up on time.

I'm sorry I went for seconds of main meal, pudding and then a beer after all that. It was all just too good to resist.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Paul for a great bash, special thanks to the caterers, Carol and Di and the waitress Amy :lol:

Sorry about the "cube" I just couldn't resist. As usual lots of tricks, tips and banter, a thoroughly good "do".

Fantastic Day Paul, really enjoyed it. Thanks very much indeed.

I too would like to say thanks to Paul for organising such a fantastic day and to George and Chris for very informative, helpful and enjoyable demonstrations - I wend straight out in the garage and butchered a poor bit of wood but with a lot more confidence :)

Unlike Dave I have no regrets about seconds of Carol and DI's excellent cooking, definatly 5 start treatment and Amy did a fantastic job - setting the tone for the catering of the day by asking not if I wanted a bacon sandwich but how many :D

Thanks finally to everyone who went - a great day had by all and nice to put faces to names and talk all things turning :)

Miles

Thank you Paul for a brilliant day.
The food was fantastic!!!!
The banter and chat was great.
George was spot one.
If Amy was in one of my classes, her attiude and smile would get her right to the top.
All in all you showed just how good this forum is.
Cheers mate
Rich B
:D

I`d also like to echo the sentiments of the previous posters, it really was an excellent day. =D> =D> =D> Many thanks to Paul & his family for making the day such a great experience.

I really liked the name tags idea, it`s so difficult to remember names of folks when introduced to so many in a short time. I enjoyed meeting everyone there & came away a lot wiser, just got to try & remember it all now :?

I`d also like to thank Rich for driving & apologize for being a lousy navigator :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks Paul for a great bash again
Thanks to the caterers, Carol and Di and the waitress Amy

My photo's

Is Miles-Hot asleep ?
05092009.jpg

The catering staff hard at work
05092009001.jpg

Cornucopia doing thread chasing
05092009003.jpg

Some of Cornucopia tool's
05092009004.jpg

Cornucopia and Ratwood's sharpening systems
05092009005.jpg

Some of Ratwood's turning on a microwave turn table
05092009006.jpg

Cornucopia work
05092009007.jpg

Ratwood's friend
05092009008.jpg

Paul's new mug a lovely colour
05092009010.jpg

CHJ on polishing
05092009013.jpg

CHJ on polishing
05092009014.jpg

CHJ on polishing
05092009016.jpg

OK people,you wanted piccys of Bash day,so heres a few :lol:
Just like to say thank you to all who came,and for making the day so enjoyable,especially to those who travelled a long distance and to Jenx(Alun) who flew down from Scotland.The time just flew by.
George.Thank you for doing such a fantastic job at demoing.You are a natural no doubt about it.I think we all enjoyed watching you :D
Would also like to thank SWMBO for putting up with us all again and all the hard work she put in :D
Amy for doing a brilliant job at taking tea/coffee orders throughout the day. :D
A BIG THANK YOU for Di's Desserts.They were all lovely again :D
And thank you for all the gifts.Flowers,Wine,whiskey :wink: chocolates,and some gorgeous looking timber.I will try and get through it all as soon as poss ,the timber that is :lol: :lol:

So here are some piccys hope you enjoy. :D

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

011.jpg

012-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017-1.jpg

018.jpg

019-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

024.jpg

026-1.jpg

027.jpg

028-1.jpg

029-1.jpg

030.jpg

031-1.jpg

033.jpg

034-1.jpg

036.jpg

037-1.jpg

:lol: :lol: Well what else can be said," unfortunately those who could not attend missed out" would be the most appropriate thing that comes to mind. I personnel do not have a great deal of free time, yet to be able to get free tuition from a turner like George, along with enlightenment on some of the technical asspecsts of neg rake scraper angles and gouge grinding was really great. All this and then to be very well fed, yes!! I am also guilty, 2 substanshial potions, and, waited on by the lovely Amy. Meeting the rest of the guys was a real treat and put faces to names most enjoyable, along with the banter. To Paul & Carol thank you for all the time and effort that must of been put into the Bash, not forgettng Di, can I have another piece of the chocolate cake Please!! :oops: Oh I nearly forgot It is of no consquence :roll: :roll: :roll: I learnt to thread chase and George said it was good, No, he said it was very good or was it, very very good Magic !!!!!

Back