Chickadee

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intarsiaplans

Established Member
Reaction score
Unlike the previous project i made took about a 2 weeks with other projects in between like loads of butterflies this project (the Chickadee) went really quick, 2 days to be precise...one day cutting and shaping and the second day more shaping and finishing.
Woods used are: Cherry, Ash, Oak, Walnut and Eucalyptus....the eye is pyrography.
Chickadee.jpg

Danny

Very nice,Danny :D

Legs and feet look like they must have taken some time :shock:

Andrew

I like it too :) .

If you ever find yourself at a bit of a loose end, Danny, it would be great if you could walk us through one of your intarsia projects to show us how it's done.

Gill

Aaaaahhh a walkthrough of my work and show how many mistakes i will make???..yeah, why not...
I was planning on doing one of the moths or the bullfinch i designed. At the moment i am busy on another tropical fish, a rose and a fairy door which should be ready by the end of the week if i buy new wood glue now i remember otherways it will take longer than expected.

Danny

Wonderful likeness, full of character - grats, Danny.

Is it easy to obtain such a wide range of woods or are you lucky in your local contacts?

Chris

Hmmm yeah i think i am a bit lucky to obtain my ranges of wood.
I have a good contacts with a tree surgeon and the local timber yard here just 15 minutes walking....Whenever my contact there gets any odd wood in as wrapping or scraps which comes on the orders they receive.
Last time i was there he got loads of 15 mm Red palm left aside for me and any scraps of old floorboards is allways welcome.
Otherways it goes into their skip and off to be burned somewhere.

Months ago i got two big pieces of eucalyptus from the tree surgeon so i thought nice let's take one to the timber yard and let's cut it in slices.
Only after one day every single slice warped beyond belief, really not even doable to run them through a planer to flatten them a bit....will put up a picture later and than the second log have splits really anywhere you look, have to see what i can save on that one.

Tomorrow i am off to get some logs of holly cut.

Danny

Back