Going stateside - any tool recommendations?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There work wear is very good if that's something your interested in
I wear Carhartt logger or Carpenters pants and they are far superior to anything over here I think there Dickies stuff is similar
But they are expensive over here
If I ever get a chance to go I'll be visiting Cabela's and buying mountains of jeans and overalls and general toys

There's a website called toolguyd that chats about tools from a strongly USA perspective. I see very little on there that is better than the tools we have access to in the UK market, but i'm jealous of their prices sometimes.
One trick i've used when making short visits to the US is to buy online in advance and have items delivered to my hotel. Sometimes it arrives before I do, but it was always carefully setup so that it arrived during my stay. These were small, light items costing a few hundred quid so there was a useful saving to be made.

Sorry to hi jack the thread but don’t want to start a fresh one . I’m going to be in Manhattan for a week in December , does anyone know of any tools stores I could visit while I’m out there ?

Shytot":lc1kb8ej said:
Sorry to hi jack the thread but don’t want to start a fresh one . I’m going to be in Manhattan for a week in December , does anyone know of any tools stores I could visit while I’m out there ?
You aren't going to find a Rocker or a Woodcraft on Manhattan island itself, probably just a variety of smaller tool stores supporting trades.

Closest Woodcraft is a drive out to CT.

Brooklyn is home to Tools For Working Wood though- and they have all the nice Gramercy Nd Dubuque stuf...

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Back