more creativity

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for putting me off my food for a week. (hammer) (hammer)

OK, I wasnt creative enough for you all. Clam SHELL was the intention of the question. #-o
How do you make that rippled tapered shape without carving?

I know I'm late to the party, but the swords look really good. Nice one, Bob.

As a new guy to the hobby; thanks also for confirming my suspicions about craft sales. My starting here is at the encouragement of an aging uncle who does turning, but I can't see myself spending time at, and paying to be at a craft sale.

Rick, craft markets are like car boot sales, its more a way of life than a way of making money.
I have been dragged round a few, and now I have (ugh) experienced it from the other side of the bench, its definitely a mental attitude that I dont have.
I sell a few pieces, and I give a few more pieces, and I am happy with that, but no way will I EVER have a stall at a craft market again. But you have to try it before you condemn it.

As a hobby though, woodworking is a very good thing. Before retirement I never dreamt i would be making wooden boxes and stuff that other people actually liked, let alone give good money for.
For example, This teddy bear;
small bear.jpg

It was sitting on the sideboard minding its own business. The window cleaner came in, and decided to take it home with him. 65 quid, thank you very much. But if I took that to the craft fair, I would have gotten a dozen old ladies cooing and talking about it, but still brought it back home again.

Keep on with the hobby, just dont expect to get rich quick with it. :roll: #-o

Attachments

• small bear.jpg
    small bear.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 194
Back