Axminster AH106PT planer thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Does anyone here own this? I'm quite tempted by it but it's really hard to find any detailed reviews.

The main thing I'm interested in learning is whether I should expect any snipe with this kind of design. I've got a lunchbox thicknesser that has an absurd amount and I'm getting sick of dealing with it on every board. My understanding is lunchbox thicknessers are very prone to snipe because of play in the cutter head assembly, and the ability to lock that tends to get rid of snipe. The AH106PT moves the thicknesser table rather than the head and the manual shows there's a lever to lock the table, but I don't know if this accomplishes the same thing?

Cheers

There is going to be hell to pay for saying this, but snipe can only be caused by the blade not being level with the bed.

Mike

If your blades are set above the table for planing then they are also set high/low for thickening, I have set up a few lunchbox thickeners that had issues with snipe and all but eliminated the problem, it never cease's to amaze me that some will not try a different way and argue the point without trying.

Mike

Back