Shark push sticks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "Mathias Wandel" push stick isn't Wandel's at all it's the bog standard pattern - and the best IMHO.
Just thought I'd mention it because as well as the expensive gear freakery we are subjected to daily, there is also a strong gurufication tendency. Some of these would-be gurus are utter terwats and should be ignored!

This is my push stick, it's a bit wonky and boring but it does work, I have 2 more patterned out, just need to cut them out with the jigsaw.

aah-pushit.png

Hi Jacob, re Wandel, yes, (adopts Peter Sellers' Inspector Clouseau voice) 'I know, I know' - he says as much himself in one of his videos: his first ones came with a tool he acquired. I wondered when someone would pick me up on that. But for a lot of folks, especially avid YouTube viewers, myself included, the two types of push-sticks I've made are often associated with those two very popular Canadian woodworkers, Wandel and Heisz. I don't guru-fy them or anyone else, I'm way too ornery and independently-minded for that. But I do admire skill and imagination, and those guys (along with many others) have both, in more than the usual measures. But fair points, nevertheless. Regards, Seb

LancsRick":1ieklirx said:
This thread made me smile :). There has to be time to have some fun and daftness!

my problem is i can't find enough time for the serious stuff :wink: (hammer)

Back