Myford Mystro Headstock Bearings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulB

Reaction score
May be a longshot, but here goes. I have a Myford Mystro with a bearing problem.
There is no end play on the bearings and it was running OK, then I lubricated the bearings in the headstock! I used a commercially available grease of excellent quality and I thought sufficient viscosity but the rumble and noise coming from the bearings is horrible! Has anyone else suffered from this malady, and can someone suggest an appropriate grease?
I would dearly love to have the bearing numbers for these two items - so that I can get my hands on some spares - but all I can find is the part numbers as issued by Myford.

Help Please?????? :? :? :? :?

Did you pack the bearings full of grease? I believe they do not run well if absolutely full, there needs to be a bit of space for the ball bearings to spin round. With too much grease it can cause the issues you describe. Also was there any old grease in there that looked like it had gone solid? Perhaps this got disturbed?

Back