Glue on my jeans!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've either got PVA or Polyurethane glue on my jeans. It's dried rock hard, and looks to have soaked into the material itself. Has anyone had any luck getting it off? the internet suggests to freeze it if it's PVA, or soak it in thinners if it's Polyurethane.

I can't see the latter ending well. Anyone got any experience?

transatlantic":bm6fmk9k said:
Anyone got any experience?

Only in getting it on clothes, not getting it off.

Those jeans are now ''workshop attire''.

Acetone will soften cured PVAs of any type (both white and yellow). Surely if it's polyurethane that would have foamed up and it wouldn't be at all strong?

ED65":1h7edfxb said:
Acetone will soften cured PVAs or any type (both white and yellow). Surely if it's polyurethane that would have foamed up and it wouldn't be at all strong?

It thought it may have been poly as it's dried as a brown colour.

If only I was more switched on and could remember. :oops: :oops: :oops:

You could cut the material out of the offending area and fray the edges. Jeans with holes in are the fashion at the moment :lol: :lol:

Chris

Make them your work jeans, I have gained quite a few pairs from doing 5 minute jobs and not bothering to get changed. Lots of t- shirts as well....

I have scraped PVA off clothes before, it works wonders, using a card scraper.

Can you not just re-purpose the jeans, like this for example

stunning-mens-cut-off-jeans-are-cutoff-shorts-for-men-really-in-seriously-.jpg

I once "nipped" into the workshop to "check on something". I was wearing a morning suit (although with the benefit of hindsight it should have been a mourning suit...), half an hour before a wedding. It didn't end well ( in any respect).

I used to have a set of clothes put aside for gardening and messy DIY jobs, but of course they were always in the wash when I needed them or I simply forgot they were there.

After many years I realised the mistake in my thinking and fixed the problem by inverting it - now all my clothes are suitable for messy work apart from ONE set which is suitable for everything else. Like all brilliant ideas it is very simple!

All my work jeans come from Asda at £7 a pair. Not bothered how dirty they get at that price as they wouldn't last too long even if I didn't wear them to the workshop. My wife will only wash my clothes separately as the fine dust gets all over the fleeces etc and they would just have to be washed again. I normally chuck them out after about 3 months or so.

Back