Orbit sander lost its velcro

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for renewing the grap of the velcro pad on a random orbit sander.

Seems a bit of a waste to replace.

cheers

Ian

you can use that sticky backed velcro that you can buy in staples etc for putting pics up etc - make sure you apply the right side to the pad and burnish it down wel with a screwdriver handle before removeing the other half.

My Bosch Delta sander lost it's grip and I was able to purchase a new pad from Miles. Hadn't realised how much the old one had lost it's grip until I tried to remove the first worn pad from the new one.

Tony Comber

I've had a couple go on a Bosch PEX or two, but my wife uses them (the sanders) to destruction. We got replacement pads quite cheaply, but that was in France. I'm sure that most good manufacturers will sell them as a spare part.

dickm":3mfdrukr said:
I think you can get generic replacement Velcro sheet from some dealers - got some from Williams(?) tools in Peterborough a few years ago.

bloody long way to go for a velcro sheet

:lol:

there local to me.

JHB

I am having the same problem with my orbital sander, (power peformance tools, part of B & Q). (Recommended by Tony years ago)
Spoken to their service department but no spares available for my model, so I could do with some velcro pad to replace on my disk.

Anyone got any contacts apart from B & Q?

DW, someone told me that you could not get any spares for B&Q machines, they just replaced, and after 3 years they just hoped you had forgotten where you purchased it. I expect this was just a silly rumour.

newt":4y2b19iv said:
DW, someone told me that you could not get any spares for B&Q machines, they just replaced, and after 3 years they just hoped you had forgotten where you purchased it. I expect this was just a silly rumour.

B&Q don't even send them back if they are not working or returned. They skip them. My mate used to get a deal for the rejects and sell them at a car bootfair...I got some real bargains that way! :wink:

I have searched in vain for any site offering spares for a tiny little radial arm saw that has shot its worm cog...it was rubbish but a really handy machine for chopping....I am now scavenging the bits from it for other projects...sadly.

Jim

This may help:

Performance Power Tools
1 Hampshire Corporate Park
Chandlers Ford,
Eastleigh,
Hants S053 3YX
Tel Help line 08453002577

My father-in-law needed some spares and obtained them from here...

Miles

The correct product is called Cletogrip is slightly different to standard Velcro but made by Velcro them selves. If you can't find it locally give me a call I have plently in stock. It comes on a roll 150mm wide so can do small lengths if necessary.

Russell":24yxim6r said:
The correct product is called Cletogrip is slightly different to standard Velcro but made by Velcro them selves. If you can't find it locally give me a call I have plently in stock. It comes on a roll 150mm wide so can do small lengths if necessary.

OK Russel give us a price with delivery.

No idea but I need some Velcro pad replacement and I can't find sheets big enough for my sander.
Any way to find them?

this is for russell could u give me more information on cletogrip please, ive just joind today seen what u put on here

Back