New switch for startrite 351

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vyvsdad

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

The switch has failed on my old startrite 351, and I'm struggling to find a like for like replacement or a modern equivalent.

I have asked the technical department at Axminster and they drew a blank, so now I turn to you guys.

Does anyone out there know where I can get a suitable replacement?

Thanks in anticipation

p.s. The old switch is a 'Weber Unimat WTNL22-551', if that helps.

9fingers is on holiday in France at the moment.........

Without a photo of the switch to know what it is like a comprehensive reply is not easy!

In most cases fitting a new NVR will be the best solution and the ones sold by Toolstation are amongst the best value for money.
Don't for get to get the correctly rated overload trip to suit the motor rating. This fits inside the NVR and provides protection to the motor.
There is a wiring diagram inside the lid of the TS NVR so just follow the circuit shown.

Bob

Here are some photos.
Not the best, but its all I've got.
Hope they are of some help.

Attachments

• DSC_0117.JPG
    DSC_0117.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC_0118.JPG
    DSC_0118.JPG
    203.6 KB · Views: 171
That switch is much more like the AXI unprotected NVR units but might not fit in exactly the same size opening as the original.
Unlike the Axi ones, the original does look to have a thermal cut out - see the symbol where it says 8 amps.
I doubt you will find on at RS.

Should easy enough to bodge something in or go for the proper NVR with protection from Toolstation but it will be much bigger.

Bob

and also found this on an electronics site

>>>>Its apparently a thermal circuit breaker not a relay.

the guy in the thread reconds that a Schurter TA45 series is equivalent, i dont have a data sheet for the original switch so i cant confirm that.

I've checked on the schurter web site and they list RS and farnell as distributors. all of the other distributors they list will be trade only and wont deal with you unless you have a trade account and want to buy them by the 100's.<<<<<<

and

yup,RS list them:

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/s...r+TA45&x=0&y=0

looks like it'll be about £22 all in.

Al

Back