Latest purchase - Kity 419 TS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knappers

Established Member
Reaction score
Just picked up this from Ebay...

419.jpg

I intend to mount it into a cabinet with a table extension along with my router a'la LarryS.

It came with 4 blades and also came with this little fella thrown in...

incra1.jpg

incra2.jpg

I may look at some way of building the incra into the top too - possibly with the mounting board sitting on the left of the saw blade (but removeable), and the router plate off to the right.

If anybody can point me to a user manual or more info on the ncra, that would be great.
Oh, and also the best place for me to get the bits to make up a hose kit for the saw, as they are missing. Kity want £90 for them....

Si.

I have the Kity saw, it's fantastic for a small workshop.

As for the hose, mine was already done by Rob (Wodbloke) whom I bought it from but if you do a search there are quite a few treads detailing the making of a dust hopper to fit under the saw mine is connected to a 2" hose with a smaller hose to the guard and they are both connected together to a 4" hose to my dust extractor. Works really well.

Mick

I have been plotting some mods to my Kity...

I am presently building an extension table for it, which will also incorporate a router table. I have made up some side rails that I have mounted using stainless cap head bolts into tapped holes in the table edge. Into these rails will be placed an extension table made from 2 x 25mm MDF sheets. I have already added an Axminster fence, and I also plan to incorporate my freebie Incra jig into the table for use either with the saw or the router.
Also, I am thinking about using an old linear rail I have lying around for making a sliding table for it...

All of this will be sat upon a new wheeled cabinet incorporating a dust chute under the saw (ala other Kity modders on the forum).

Pics of work done so far...

Side rails :

simonssawcabinet005.jpg

simonssawcabinet004.jpg

Axminster fence :

simonssawcabinet007.jpg

Dust chute :

simonssawcabinet008.jpg

simonssawcabinet009.jpg

Linear rail :

linear_rail.jpg

Si.

You suck! :mrgreen:
Oh ah nice bit of sheet metal work.
Keep up the pics, you're doing a cracking job. :p

I have over the last few days been putting my new domino to good use making a stand / trolley for the kity.

f12715a4.jpg

There's also a large drawer to go into the left hand side.

I have also been giving the saw a bit of a strip down and service as well as doing some modding to try to improve the DE.

Having read some of the other modding threads, i thought I would do something different to the blade guard. Leave the sides intact, but cut holes in the bottom to allow the sawdust to drop through.

f07e3c66.jpg

Unfortunately, performance was even worse than standard, as there is no suck on the back, and the dust can't fall through the holes as it is being thrown backwards. Shame, as it looks good and allows retention of the sprung plate. So, I ended up doing the same as others and cut the guard back to just the back plate. This allows most of the dust to fall through into the hopper. I have also put some Perspex over the big hole in the back, and some pipe lagging into the gaps where the table meets the frame. I now need to refit the table extension, mount the router plate, and then think about integrating the incra jig... One day I might actually ge around to making something with all of this.

Si

You need to strip away all the internal gubbins that surrounds the blade...you'll then find that the extraction is much better - Rob

I have an Incra jig, it's absolutely fantastic used with the router table, it makes woodwork much more fun and all of my projects involve the jig.

If you need any help give us a shout, you know where I am.

Rob, I have cut the guard tinwork so that the back plate is just a sheet covering the belt. No sides to it at all.

Martin, thanks. I have just ordered the template guides and book as an Xmas prezzy. I also intend to mount it so that it can be switched around and used from either end of the table and therefore be used both with the router and saw.

Si.

I love the stand trolley I was going to make one for my E B TS250 with a router ttable extension another job Ive not got around to :roll:

Done a great job so far Si, and that Dust chute very nice clean cut pieces of metal, do you have a sheet bender or did you sandwhich it between 2 pieces of wood.

Cheers

Dave

Here's the trolley with the extension table fitted.

4da5fe10.jpg

Managed to get the saw / table top 1mm higher than my workbench too, so can use the bench as a side table for cutting sheets.
Si

Proper job there Knapper. Looks great. Hopefully when I move I'll get to do something similar. How are you finding the fence?

It's alright actually. Can't really compare it to the original, as the saw was bought with the short side rails, but without even using it, I could tell the standard fence was pants. I would like the support rail on the new fence to be longer, and even enquired about getting a second rail to extend it with (too expensive). Fortunately, the brackets are stepped, meaning you can move the rail along the table without losing parallelism of the fence - it just means you have to measure to the blade instead of relying on scales on the rail. For smaller pieces, I plan on being able to use the incra as the fence, anyway, and that will be more than accurate enough.
I also plan on building a Steve M style short fence sleeve.

Si.

Yeh I came to the same conclusion. I thought about milling up longer rails from wood. But it's on the endless todo list ;)

Okay, just a few short days after setting the above extension table into my Kity, I picked up one of these Incra table tops with Magnaloc insert plate from Corset.

rta_table3.jpg

I have ripped it down in width and attached side supports / lippings with 8mm dominos.

ab1c36fa.jpg

It now sits nicely in my TS table. (I still have to cut a small slot in the side rails at either end of the mitre slot).

deaea918.jpg

Proper job.

Si.

Back