Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, Charley, CHJ, Noel

By nev
Don't know if this will work but...

During a rummage I have come across a few old hand tools. Two in particular I think wood (sic) be useful to a hand tool worker. One is made by Stanley edit / Record (I think) and the other by Rabone Chesterman.
They're complete, slightly rusty and dusty but should be useable with minimal fettling. Looking online I don't think you'd get the pair for 20 quid unless you were lucky (but I'am guessing). It'll cost me less than a tenner to box 'em and post 'em out (UK).

mystery-box-png-mystery-gift-box-5-115629958777dqvxseg3i.png

So I'll send them to anyone that wants to donate a tenner (or more) to your charity of choice and in return get some tools that may or may not be useful and may or may not be worth a tenner.
I'll pay the postage happy in the knowledge that a charity will get it indirectly, sort of, and you get to feel good for donating a few quid AND you get to play with more hand tools.

If there's more than one fool willing to give it a go I'll give it a few days and pull a name out of the hat.

note: box is for illustration purposes only :D
By Steve Maskery
Yeah, count me in, Nev.
By nev
Bm101 wrote:Is there a voluntary proviso that if you put your name in you donate a tenner regardless?
:D

only if you want to :D but no, free to 'enter' :mrgreen:
By nev
EDIT: The Stanley item could may possibly be a Record item, but its the same thing anyway I think.
But the R/C one is labelled so I'm confident on that one :)
By MikeG.
I'm not in because I know how much it would pain you to have to send the box to me. However, tomorrow I shall donate £10 to a local charity helping difficult teenagers through craft workshops, and I'll give them a fettled tenon saw as well.
By Lons
I'll throw my name into the hat as well Nev. Happy to hand over money to the Heart foundation or cancer research if it comes out. ( My money is quite safe anyway as I never win anything :lol: )

It's a great gesture btw and a reminder to us all =D> I'll give a tenner to one of them whatever the result or to both if I did win it.
By Steve Maskery
Oi! You lot are all just a bunch of Johnny-cum-Latelys.
(Or should that be Latelies? It's definitely not Lately's).
By Steve Maskery
nev wrote:
If there's more than one fool willing to give it a go I'll give it a few days and pull a name out of the hat.

Careful. I was originally christened six-and-seven-eighths because my dad pulled my name out of a hat.

Coat.
S
By nev
MikeG. wrote:I'm not in because I know how much it would pain you to have to send the box to me. However, tomorrow I shall donate £10 to a local charity helping difficult teenagers through craft workshops, and I'll give them a fettled tenon saw as well.

You're in the hat too Mike and have the same chance as anyone else :-" :-"