Give a tenner to charity: mystery box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this will work but...

During a rummage I have come across a few old hand tools. Two in particular I think wood (sic) be useful to a hand tool worker. One is made by Stanley edit / Record (I think) and the other by Rabone Chesterman.
They're complete, slightly rusty and dusty but should be useable with minimal fettling. Looking online I don't think you'd get the pair for 20 quid unless you were lucky (but I'am guessing). It'll cost me less than a tenner to box 'em and post 'em out (UK).

mystery-box-png-mystery-gift-box-5-115629958777dqvxseg3i.png

So I'll send them to anyone that wants to donate a tenner (or more) to your charity of choice and in return get some tools that may or may not be useful and may or may not be worth a tenner.
I'll pay the postage happy in the knowledge that a charity will get it indirectly, sort of, and you get to feel good for donating a few quid AND you get to play with more hand tools.

If there's more than one fool willing to give it a go I'll give it a few days and pull a name out of the hat.

note: box is for illustration purposes only :D

Attachments

• mystery-box-png-mystery-gift-box-5-115629958777dqvxseg3i.png
    mystery-box-png-mystery-gift-box-5-115629958777dqvxseg3i.png
    671.6 KB · Views: 643
Is there a voluntary proviso that if you put your name in you donate a tenner regardless?
:D

If there's 2 in I'll jump in and start to make it interesting. :wink:

Ah go on then Nev, it's a good reminder to us to put our hands in our pockets and do the right thing.
Stick my name in Santa's hat too.

I'm not in because I know how much it would pain you to have to send the box to me. However, tomorrow I shall donate £10 to a local charity helping difficult teenagers through craft workshops, and I'll give them a fettled tenon saw as well.

I'll throw my name into the hat as well Nev. Happy to hand over money to the Heart foundation or cancer research if it comes out. ( My money is quite safe anyway as I never win anything :lol: )

It's a great gesture btw and a reminder to us all =D> I'll give a tenner to one of them whatever the result or to both if I did win it.

nev":31ka7vql said:
If there's more than one fool willing to give it a go I'll give it a few days and pull a name out of the hat.

Careful. I was originally christened six-and-seven-eighths because my dad pulled my name out of a hat.

Coat.
S

MikeG.":p1ehmdpk said:
I'm not in because I know how much it would pain you to have to send the box to me. However, tomorrow I shall donate £10 to a local charity helping difficult teenagers through craft workshops, and I'll give them a fettled tenon saw as well.

You're in the hat too Mike and have the same chance as anyone else :-" :-"

I'm in.
Having been subjected to both Prostate and Bowel cancer, my preferred Charity is Cancer Research UK so I've just Paypalled them another crisp tenner.
Martin.

Thank you gents.

Thats 8 of you in the hat.
In the order of ''count me in''
1. Steve M
2. Merlin
3. BM101
4. Andy T
5. Pete M
6.Mike G
7. Lons
8. MJP

Random number generator courtesy of google and the winner is ...

[youtube]buNwWmRO4GY[/youtube]

no. 5 - Racers. I shall PM you shortly Pete. :)

Thanks again gents.

Wow.

I didn’t expect that.

Thanks Nev cracking idea that has benefited lots of charities.

Pete

Thanks for doing that Nev I'll send my contribution to the BHF tomorrow.

I'm not sure I want to know what the rest of us have missed but it's worse not knowing. #-o

Back