Clifton No 6 for sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Clifton No 6 which I am selling. It is in excellent condition, with only a couple of superficial marks on the body. Comes with the original box and letter of introduction.

Would like £160 inc postage to mainland uk.

Anybody interested, pm me.

Cheers

Karl

I am bumping this up for the weekend. If there are no takers by Sunday PM I will be putting it on E-bay.

Cheers

Karl

Karl

Sorry to have to say this, but the price is way too high, that is why you have no takers. I bought my Clifton #7 from a forum member in its box and in absolutely A1 condition for £100 + postage.

I would have been interested in your #6 myself, but at a lower price than I paid for my #7, so I did not contact you

Hi Tony

Thanks for the feedback.

I chose a price which seemed reasonable to me - £150 plus £10 p&p. A new No 6 is £210, delivered . Mine is a 24% saving on the price of a new plane.

I'll put it to e-bay and let the market decide :lol:

Cheers

Karl

Best of luck - this is perrenial problem, once you have paid out a pile of dosh and try to sell it on, your valuation is usually higher than the buyer's estimation of a 'great deal'

Hope you hit your mark on ebay

I've found that eBay seems to pay better, but with more hassle, then the average forum type transaction. I guess it is a win/lose thing.

I *was* interested, but it is too expensive ... but that isn't you're fault, it is shockingly expensive new for a Canadian. I didn't realize Clifton's were so expensive; quite a bit more expensive then a LN for a Canadian (partly due to our dollars strength against the american dollar but not against the pound).

karlley":1w9u1zbi said:
Hi Tony

Thanks for the feedback.

I chose a price which seemed reasonable to me - £150 plus £10 p&p. A new No 6 is £210, delivered . Mine is a 24% saving on the price of a new plane.

I'll put it to e-bay and let the market decide :lol:

Cheers

Karl

Hi Karl,
Have you posted on Ebay yet?
Can't seem to find it anywhere.
Regards
MC

Martin

Thanks for pointing that out - for some reason it is listed as a UK only auction. Will get it changed asap.

3 days to go, £105 at the moment.

Cheers

Karl

Karl":2dsgzcyz said:
£157 on e-bay.

Thanks for asking Jonny.

Cheers

Karl

Well it just goes to show that you have to stick by your guns. I know that it was 3 years ago now but well done =D> =D> Mind you if you were selling it today you would have made a few more quid :wink:

Cheers

Mike

Hi there,

Newbie on this forum but not at woodwork!

How many posts do you need to have before you are allowed to put items up for sale? I cannot find this in the rules.

As a person who is not into e-bay or electronic banking, I would find this forum ideal to put the odd item up for members to buy. My only attempt got my post taken off by the moderator in a flash!

Mike

8) (yeah, I do look a bit like this!)

there isnt a fixed number - it simply says established members who are contributing to the forum or some such.

i would have thought 30 posts would be enough but if you arent sure you could pm one of the mods and ask

Latest posts

Back