Box joint jig sketchup plans free of charge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SteveF":1lmrt6ww said:
that is fantastic Jig

just watched the video

Steve

I think it's the best home made one I've seen Steve simply because of the cam idea that controls the turn setting.

Plans now done.
BJJ01.JPG

BJJ02.JPG

BJJ03.JPG

Bob, just got to do exploded views will have it all to you by tomorrow at latest, out to a doo tonight. Graham.

Attachments

• BJJ01.JPG
    BJJ01.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 2,940
  • BJJ02.JPG
    BJJ02.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 2,940
  • BJJ03.JPG
    BJJ03.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 2,941
The youtube is great. Would like to see the sketch-up. Will help with me making for a router table version. Good find.

This looks like an interesting jig, I've been planning to build the Wandel gear box joint jig, this one might be just as good, simpler to make it looks like and I am not sure I would need the use of gear ratios.

OTOH Wandels plans are in metric (and have videos to help you build it), the ones the author linked are in inches and I looked over them and all those fractions are so hard to read its like ancient egyptian, I got a headache just looking at it.

A good thing about sketchup is I can convert it to metric there so I'm sending a PM.

DennisCA":z8ky8dtm said:
This looks like an interesting jig, I've been planning to build the Wandel gear box joint jig, this one might be just as good, simpler to make it looks like and I am not sure I would need the use of gear ratios.

OTOH Wandels plans are in metric (and have videos to help you build it), the ones the author linked are in inches and I looked over them and all those fractions are so hard to read its like ancient egyptian, I got a headache just looking at it.

A good thing about sketchup is I can convert it to metric there so I'm sending a PM.

Plans just sent Dennis, in Metric.

Note to others, the plans are metric by default, but are changed to imperial at the press of a button so let me know if you're a masochist and prefer to struggle with fractions.

No probs

pauldye11 @ gmail. com

No spaces, system wouldn't let me enter it correctly

Appreciate the time you have put in :D

Paul Dye":2qksu2yz said:
No probs

pauldye11 @ gmail. com

No spaces, system wouldn't let me enter it correctly

Appreciate the time you have put in :D

Done Paul. Let me know if it doesn't get there.

I've been looking at this a bit closer now that I feeling a little less dead and I want to try and build the jig soon. I am wondering though, the original plans calls for 12mm plywood base while this one uses 18mm, any reason for the change of base thickness?

I'll probably use 12mm for the base and 18mm for the rest.

Another thing to consider is the thread pitch and the size of the blade you have. You should want the pitch to be even fractions of the blade kerf, so you can move the whole width of the blade with a certain amount of turns. I looked up the width oh my general purpose blade, a CMT orange and it's specced as 3mm wide kerf, and then I looked at metric thread pitches and an M10 coarse thread is 1.5mm, so two turns should equal one blade width. That should make for simpler math.

Latest posts

Back