Basic table saw still free to collect (missing riving knife)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sickasapike

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, time to move my old table saw on; I'm not looking for cash, but it needs to be collected from Central Hove, Sussex.

It's a Titan TTB674TAS 254mm Table Saw, bought from Screwfix.. maybe Machine Mart only 6 months ago (have receipt if you want it), 150 quid I think and only used for about 3 months.

It's complete except for one crucial part, I used the riving knife to make one for another saw so you'll need to source one from Titan, sorry about that.

It works absolutely fine, albeit noisily, the blade has seen a fair bit of pallet wood and sliced through a nail once but is still in pretty decent nick.

The stand is included, it may be missing a few bolts etc. but they're a common size. Also missing the hose for the blade guard, I cannibalised it, the blade guard itself is present and correct.

I've a beefy ply cross cut sled I made that I'll include too, it was my 3rd try after learning lessons from the 2 previous duff ones so it's a pretty good one.

Definitely needs collection though, I can box it up if needs be for collection by a carrier but no way I'm lugging it to the post office, I've no car at present !

I'll put it on a free local site if nobody wants it here.

A very generous offer, but wouldn’t you be better just buying a bit of steel (a couple of pounds off eBay if you’ve no other source) and making another riving knife?

Alternatively, Titan / Screwfix are normally very decent about getting spare parts.

Just a thought!

Hi, I upgraded recently and am trying to clear some space, and the sled is occupying the spot I want the one for the new saw to go.. my little workshop is getting to be like a sliding block puzzle with me in the empty square.

I'd thought to keep it as a backup but I've a 2 year warranty on the new one so this will just get hoovered and occasionally moved from under this to behind that, which is a depressing prospect for an ambitious table saw - better somebody gets the use out of it.

As you say, should be pretty easy to get hold of a replacement knife since it's a current model but without one, it perhaps makes it a bit of a dangerous thing to offer to all-comers on gumtree, even with dire warnings in the advert (which won't help the saleability much !). At least here people will generally know it's not an optional component and be more likely to know somebody who needs one.

Nods to Graham Chapman for stolen joke..

Latest posts

Back