Ye Olde Kentish Bash ** 6th March 2010 **

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone intending to stay overnight after the bash?

Coming from Dorset I thought I'd do the staying over bit if someone local can let me know the nearest decent pub to the venue that does B&B?

I will look into it for you Waka, Simon might know some local places. Maidstone is the nearest big town.

The event is shaping up to be quite special. Simon and I have some surprises in store, we are just finalising the details ;)

You don't want to miss this one!!

Tom,

have you settled on a day yet? I have both the 6th and the 7th of March pencilled in......but it surely isn't going to be a 2 day event.

Mike

wizer":l9mlmfc5 said:
I will look into it for you Waka, Simon might know some local places. Maidstone is the nearest big town.

The event is shaping up to be quite special. Simon and I have some surprises in store, we are just finalising the details ;)

Thanks Tom.

I actually do know the area having been born in Gillingham but not the pubs, I also have a cousins in Rainham and Staplehurst, but thought if other people are staying over it would be good to get a beer and a curry etc.

Mike Garnham":2gtf3jgu said:
Tom,

have you settled on a day yet? I have both the 6th and the 7th of March pencilled in......but it surely isn't going to be a 2 day event.

Mike

Sorry, I have been working on the 6th. I'll update the first post.

wizer":1cwwdgpl said:

So are you doing a teach in on tablesaw alignment then? :lol:

Is there anything electrical or motor related you would like me to do?

With some ideas of what would be useful, I could put something together if you like. Suggestion from all attendees welcome (polite ones, naturally :wink:)

I will put my 3 phase inverter & motor demo rig in the car anyway just in case any wants to play with that.

If there are a few people who are going to stay over there is a reasonable hotel near me in Maidstone and a good curry house as a bonus I live near a nice little pub that serves real ales. I'm always up for a curry so keep me posted, I can sort out hotel bookings, it's call The Grangemoor Hotel.

Simon

Bob we're arranging some interesting features, so there might not be time for a motor demo. Unless people want it, then by all means. ;)

OK Tom thanks for the reply.

As i say I'll put it in the car just in case and promise not to bore anyone with it.

I look forward to your 'events'

Bob

Anybody from the South (I live near Winchester) interested in car sharing.
I am intending to do it in one day?

Rod

Sounds a possibility Rod,
I sometimes combine the trips with other things so maybe we can sort it out later. I'd be happy to drive.

Bob

Harbo":2i0eft41 said:
Anybody from the South (I live near Winchester) interested in car sharing.
I am intending to do it in one day?

Rod
Rod - I'd be interested in a car share (coming from Salisbury) - Rob

I'm hoping to make it also, maybe stay overnight too not sure yet, and happy to drive from Basingstoke (J6 or J7 M3) or cadge a lift from any passing forumites, or pick others up en route !

Cheers, Paul :D

So, just to confirm.......the rules are that nobody is allowed to bring anything at all that they have bought. If you bring anything, it must be something you made.

That was what we agreed, wasn't it? :wink:

Mike

Mike Garnham":up23pgcp said:
So, just to confirm.......the rules are that nobody is allowed to bring anything at all that they have bought. If you bring anything, it must be something you made.

That was what we agreed, wasn't it? :wink:

Mike

Blimey Mike I didn't know there was rules for the bash. I'll be a bit stuck here, off to Singapore next week and don't get back until the Wednesday before the bash, so I might be a bit weak on the home made stuff. I'll just have to drool over everyone else's.

Back