YOKB II - Kent Bash Gathering

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bash will be held at Simon's workshop in Staplehurst again.

Looks like 28th is a goer.

Will be good to see you all there.

Sounds good to me, AFAIK that date is good for me too. Would it be OK to bring my Dad along, he's been woodworking much longer than me but doesn't really do the forum thing

I'd like to say a huge thanks to Tom for organising the event again (even if he has jumped ship! :mrgreen: :wink: )....and of course to the Oryxdesign lady and gentleman for hosting it again.

I had a really fun time last year and the only complaint was it wasn't long enough! :wink: There was so much to do or see it could have gone on for days!

Assuming my new plumbing works ok..and I am not lying sparko in bed...I shall be there like a shot....count me in!

Jim

P.S. Annie says do you guys want brownies again? 8)

Thanks. There seems to be some sort of cake-based theme going on, what's that about? Would it be worth signing up on TWH to get details like location, timings etc?

Peter it's not compulsory to sign up on The Wood Haven. We'll contact you nearer the time with location details. The thread over there will tend to be more up-to-date for obvious reasons. But this is not a TWH event, it just happens to be my website.

Jim, you're not allowed to come without brownies mate. Sorry!

Glad to see everyone's up for it. It's gonna be a good'n!! :D

An idea just popped into my head today while clearing out my shop.

I wonder if it would be of interest to members if we finished the day this year with an auction.

Attendees coulld bring gear that they want to sell...a great chance for that "big stuff" to get moved on...

I would happily arrange it and play auctioneer...buyer would pay a commission and seller too and the commissions could go to funds raised.

It would be a fun finish and would move stuff on to others in the forum we ourselves don't need anymore...

Comments?

Jim

Hi All,

Just a quick note about the bash THIS MONTH :shock:

As last year I will be doing food but cakes and such much appreciated. The most important things to remember to bring are:
- yourselves
- something you've made you'd like everyone to see
- something you've made you'd like to discuss
- a chair for lunchtime / coffee time (I have a few for those arriving by bike)

This is the list I have of attendees - can you let me know of any changes. Thanks

Sarah / Mrs Oryx

Tom
OryxDesign (Simon)
Mrs Oryx (Sarah)
TrimTheKing (Mark)
WellsWood (Mark)
PaulM
Nigel (from UKW)
Matt_S
Daven (Dave)
Chris Knight
9fingers (Bob) Provisional
Rod Provisional
Woodbloke
DaveL
Steve Maskery
Mike Garnham
Paul Chapman
StevieB
Dalboy
Johnf
PeterSk (from UKW) + his dad
Jimi43 (from UKW)
Froggy (from UKW)
neilthomas123 (from UKW)
beaver (from UKW)
Nigel (from UKW)
big soft moose (from UKW)
Vinny (from UKW) Provisional
neilthomas123
bucephalus
TEO

I'm excited! Mathew from Workshop Heaven will be drawing his Spring Prize Draw (don't forget to enter). The guys from Axminster are doing a short demonstration with a spindle moulder and there'll be free food. There's quite a few changes in my shop too, new spraybooth, which has meant a bit of a change around and I've bought a MOReTENs MF30.
I'm sure there will be plenty of tools and projects to look at too.
Looking forward to seeing you all.

As long as her indoors lets me and I can drive/get a lift by then...I am definitely up for it...

Actually...it would take a whole bunch of wild horses to stop me!

Annie is lined up for brownies already! :wink:

Jim

Simon
There is no such thing as Free Food! Someone, somewhere, pays for it, but you can bet your bottom dollar that a) I shall contribute, and b) I shall eat at least my fair share of what's on the table. I didn't get the shape I am on Pot Noodles.

:)

I might even bring along something of woody interest (not that I've actually made very much lately, it's all been rather academic). Last year's was a terrific day and I'm looking forward to repeating it.

Are we all off for an Indian again, afterwards?
S

Jim I am coming from east sussex if thats any good to you via hawkhust
looking forward to it

Back