Ye Olde Kentish Bash ** 6th March 2010 **

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I said I had some pictures and I will post a few, you can see all of them here.

First one of the most important people there, Sarah supplier of great food. :D
4432913122_a9eab1972a.jpg

Jimmi, working along the drool bench.
4432141601_648b1bae52.jpg

Then someone else sporting a full set of whiskers, but I cannot read your name sticker, if you own up your place is waiting in the rouges gallery. 8)
4432916280_fc2dc78c45.jpg

Here is Matthew of Workshop Heaven.
4432156359_63c09edc5a.jpg

Doug, I still haven't had time to make some of these:
4432932066_5c5aeeb9fe.jpg

But they are on the to do list.

Dave, you have an extraordinary talent for taking the most unflattering pics! :lol: :lol:

I suppose you were thinking of this one?
4432919630_df9c98f2b9.jpg

You just stood there when I pointed the camera at you, its not like I creep about and jump out from behind things. :shock:

Thar reminds me, having been lucky enough to win the great prize in the raffle of £50 of Axminster vouchers, spent them on a set of these.

Haven't managed to find time yet to give them a good workout, but was very impressed by seeing them at the bash and the end results they give.

The bash also cost me a Cliffie 51/2, having tried the one there I couldn't resist getting my own (and a 41/2) both due in the summer

Cheers, Paul :D

Tom had some of his blunt kitchen knives given a sharpening by Rod at the bash and was quite taken with the Edge-Pro sharpening system that Rod used and was wondering how you might make up a home made version as the principle is quite straight forwards.

I've just ordered one of the dmt magna guides for use with my dmt duofolds which looks like it does very much the same thing as the Edge-Pro, see here.

They can also be used quite effectively with bench stones too it seems if you look at that video clip also.

Thought these might be of interest to some although of little relevance for woodworking I guess

:roll: :lol:

Cheers, Paul :D

Yes that was probably the most useful thing I took away from YOKB. I've not got around to drawing it up in SU yet. But my opinion is that it's a brilliant bit of kit, that looks a bit naff. If it was built out of wood and SS, it could be a pleasant appliance to sit on the kitchen counter and would encourage sharper knives.

The tuit list is so long now that I really have trouble prioritising things :lol:

That Kramer video is amazing!! Who'd a thought it from a clown ;)

Back