Ye Olde Kentish Bash ** 6th March 2010 **

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
big soft moose":2ngac8tm said:
wizer":2ngac8tm said:
Axi is closed Sunday.

perhaps we could get them to open specially for us (sort of joking - but if there were 20 plus customers i'd open up if i was them )

I should think that's possible. I'll contact them nearer the time.

........then I'm not coming! Not if you guys are going to turn this into a shopping trip. :wink:

How about a bash where everyone has to bring something they have made, and nobody is to bring anything they have bought? That should concentrate a few minds!!!

Mike

Mike Garnham":34mkm3sk said:
........then I'm not coming! Not if you guys are going to turn this into a shopping trip. :wink:

How about a bash where everyone has to bring something they have made, and nobody is to bring anything they have bought? That should concentrate a few minds!!!

Mike

you could buy a lathe mike - that would concentrate your mind ;)

Mike Garnham":20edmtfj said:
big soft moose":20edmtfj said:
you could buy a lathe mike - that would concentrate your mind ;)

Did you mean "......that would soften your mind"? :D

Mike

only if you arent wearing face protection when the wood parts company with the lathe.

its time you gave in to your inner longings and got involved with real woodwork - and what better venue than a trip to axminster with stalwart chums to propel you down the slope :D

wizer":37mtfatx said:
I'm happy to join in with that. Depends on what day Simon prefers and what day the majority of members can make it. i.e if everyone says Sunday is better then fine. If they'd prefer Saturday, then Axi is closed Sunday.

We can do either Saturday or Sunday. We are based in Maidstone which is about half-way between Axminster and the workshop and we'll probably be up for a curry on Saturday night if anyone is seriously thinking they can spend a whole day at Axminster! (I can manage about 45 minutes)

I have to confess my 2 day suggestion was a semi facetious one based on Jimi's posts referring to an Axi visit.

I don't want to distort the original plans for the bash or indeed feel responsible for leading anyone to the top of the slope and giving them a shove.

Bob

9fingers":xb0oauom said:
I don't want to distort the original plans for the bash or indeed feel responsible for leading anyone to the top of the slope and giving them a shove.Bob

Don't worry, I am slope-immune!

Mike

Mike Garnham":2dh4myuj said:
9fingers":2dh4myuj said:
I don't want to distort the original plans for the bash or indeed feel responsible for leading anyone to the top of the slope and giving them a shove.Bob

Don't worry, I am slope-immune!

Mike
...at the moment :wink: :lol: - Rob

9fingers":2phtlxud said:
I have to confess my 2 day suggestion was a semi facetious one based on Jimi's posts referring to an Axi visit.

I don't want to distort the original plans for the bash or indeed feel responsible for leading anyone to the top of the slope and giving them a shove.

Bob

HEY!!!! How did I get to be the one whose fault it is encouraging you to visit Axminster?

:D :D :D

I don't even remember mentioning them....did I?

:oops: :wink:

And...another thing I refuse to mention is that Staplehurst is not far from Tonbridge where we find the excellent TIMBERLINE EXOTIC HARDWOODS warehouse!

Anyone says that I mentioned that one as well I will deny it and sue!!!

:D 8)

Jimi

jimi43":3i3thr9t said:

Jimi

Well only four times in two posts Jimi so that does not really count as even raising the subject.
:lol:

Bob

9fingers":170hxyem said:
jimi43":170hxyem said:

Jimi

Well only four times in two posts Jimi so that does not really count as even raising the subject.
:lol:

Bob

EXACTLY Bob!!!

I dunno....I've only been a member here FIVE minutes and I am being accused of the temptation of the devil.....

And I didn't EVER mention the excellent supply of hardwoods in Tonbridge....that was my brother...he looks like me only he is smarter!!

:wink:

Jim

Oh god Jimi, you're litterally chucking yourself down that slope. Timberline is very dangerous place DAMHIKT!!!

wizer":1mvmszgz said:
Oh god Jimi, you're litterally chucking yourself down that slope. Timberline is very dangerous place DAMHIKT!!!

I know Tom....but...but....BUT....I ran out of sandpaper....

That's IT....see...I ran out of sandpaper and need to get some from them....

PHEW...that was CLOSE!!!

:wink:

J

Ah, Timberline... *drools in Homer-like manner*

And I was wondering the same thing about your sig, Tom. If I'm to get day release I need to know the day and the month. :lol:

I nearly missed this, sounds great to me I would love to attend.

I worked in Cranbrook as a cabinet maker for 11 years and I'm now on the same industrial estate in Staplehurst as Mr and Mrs Oryx, but where is your workshop what part? I would love to pop by and say hi.

You're welcome to pop in. We are Unit 2 Larkstore Park next door to Express CD's and opposite Elite Engineering.

Back