Ye Olde Kentish Bash ** 6th March 2010 **

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's an outside chance I might be able to combine a visit to my brother with such a Bash, if strange West Country Bashers are allowed. If they are, mark me down as (very) tentatively interested.

Cheers, Alf

Alf I insist. I'll come and pick you up.... in the smart car :D

Alf":18s2uayt said:
if strange West Country Bashers are allowed.

I think strange west country bashers are obligitaory - a number of us wiltshire, glos and hants westies are going so a few odd conishers added to the mix wont hurt (se if you can get pete to come up with you)

Count me in - need to break my "bash cherry" :oops:

Up for sharing tyre wear if anyone else facies it from this neck of the woods - Rob ??

Vinny

Vinny":3mhg9um4 said:
Count me in - need to break my "bash cherry" :oops:

Up for sharing tyre wear if anyone else facies it from this neck of the woods - Rob ??

Vinny

I'm probably going to pick paul up , so i could may be get you (and rob) in as well if you wanted to - depending on where you are - ive a reasonably big car (focus estate)

BSM

Sounds like a plan to me, I'm in Corsham, we'll sort something out closer to D day

Bumping this to make sure everyone is keeping the date free. 6th March 2010

It's firming up to be a most interesting event! Looking forward to it!

:eek:ccasion5:

wizer":3rswv6uw said:
Bumping this to make sure everyone is keeping the date free. 6th or 7th March 2010

It's firming up to be a most interesting event! Looking forward to it!

:eek:ccasion5:
Noted in work diary, home diary and wall planner - Rob

I won't be able to note it until I open that suspiciously-calender-shaped parcel under the tree........from the same person who sends us a calender every year. Then, I will assiduously keep the dates free.

Mike

TrimTheKing":2uasyq8b said:
Missed this first timeround, count me in, can mix it with a trip to see the in laws!

Excellent

I am glad you bumped this Tom as I would have missed it...(have not trolled back that far in the threads yet...)

Count me in...the dates are in Outlook as we speak...just need to take leave on work diary.

I would love to meet all the guys here I can...that is the prime reason for going...then I would like to see some handmade dovetails if possible.

Japanese saws....plane discussions...using different hardwoods and their characteristics....trip to Axminster.....a Domino or two :roll: ....a trip to Axminster....plane design.....a trip to Axminster.....turning techniques and sharpening turning tools....

:D :D :D

Jim

Sounds like you've got the gist of things Jim ;)

At midday we'll be a holding a custard pie throwing contest. Simon is making some gallows. Apparently I'm first :cry: :lol:

wizer":249mq5e4 said:

At midday we'll be a holding a custard pie throwing contest. Simon is making some gallows. Apparently I'm first :cry: :lol:

Did I mention a trip to Axminster would be nice?

:D :D :D :D :roll: :oops:

Jim

Maybe we should make it a two day event?

Day one at Axminster, lock up the purchases in a container lorry overnight (maybe Blister can sort something out) then dinner + few beers, cheapo hotel - cos we won't care anyway and will have spent out at Axi, then round to Tom's bash the next day??

Bob

I'm happy to join in with that. Depends on what day Simon prefers and what day the majority of members can make it. i.e if everyone says Sunday is better then fine. If they'd prefer Saturday, then Axi is closed Sunday.

wizer":3gapneow said:
Axi is closed Sunday.

perhaps we could get them to open specially for us (sort of joking - but if there were 20 plus customers i'd open up if i was them )

jimi43":ppvq41ol said:
wizer":ppvq41ol said:

Did I mention a trip to Axminster would be nice?

:D :D :D :D :roll: :oops:

Jim

alternately (or additionally) how far is it to stiles and bates from oryx's gaff

about an hout Pete, 45mins with the wind behind you

Back