Zambia - The Movie

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear it, Steve. I wanted to try and squeeze a cheap wooden mallet in there as well but, there really wasn't enough room! Actually, it is so lightweight (good old Screwfix!) that you'd probably be better off using a lump of 2"x2" spruce!! :wink:

Hi, y'all
Well my bags are packed, I'm ready to go, I'm standing here outside the door, etc., etc.

Feeling excited, apprehensive, twitchy, impatient - everything really.

Baggage allowance is lousy. When we did the SL trip a couple of years ago the airline let us takes bags and bags of Aid. They grumbled a bit but we took a dozen - maybe more- large laundry bags of Stuff. South African Airlines won't let us take an extra ounce :(

Fortunately there is a latecomer to our party who has had to be booked on BA, and the charity has wangled extra baggage allowance with him, so we are meeting up at Heathrow. I have a suitcase of tools and clothes to take out. At least it will be lighter coming back.

So I'll see you guys in a fortnight. Get those comp entries finished!

Cheers
Steve

Morning all,
Those of you who were kind enough to support my latest adventure may like to see what I've beenup to for the lst two weeks. I'm afraid that most of the tools I collected, and which many of you contributed, are still in transit (although I'm assured that they are in transit - pack mules from Luton, I think). I was able to take some in my hand luggage, but the rest have had to be freighted and it's slow.
Anyway, we had a very productive time and this is the result. It's an ongoing project, but the two rooms you see n the film are being handed over later this month. The rainy season starts any day now. Someone is going to have to get their finger out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FQMDW6mp1Y

I have some photos I'll upload later.

Cheers
Steve

Steve Maskery":cq8nn8zq said:
The rainy season starts any day now. Someone is going to have to get their finger out!
Steve

Steve,

the rains proper surely don't start until mid November? You've got lots of time!!!

Mike

Hmm. The locals were saying "in a couple of weeks", and that was a week ago. I don't know how clockwork they are and I've not been there when it's wet (it must be ghastly), but maybe you are right. But we did have a few spots of rain whilst I was there, so they are definitely coming.

Even if it is mid-Nov, the rate of anything getting done out there means that it's the equivalent of next week! :)
S

Back