Your thoughts on www.powertooldirect.co.uk

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete
Are you after new tools or spare parts?

I thought I had shopped with Powertool Direct but on checking my e-mail archives I found I was mistaken - but I have bought spares for my Elu MOF96E router from www.toolshopdirect.co.uk on a couple of occasions, and each time I received good service.

HTH

Les

Have used them twice, first time they had the best price on a Kreg steup, second time best price on a Jacobs chuck.
No real problems with them, other than they take a while to deliver which was a week or so after ordering.

Jeff.

Thanks everyone.

I'm thinking of a Veritas Low Angle Jack plane. They have it for £195, over £40 cheaper than axminster.

Pete

Hi All,

This Companies site is misleading and the Customer service is non-existent. Bought a pair of Dr Martens 6905 boots in TAN ( says Tan on invoice) When they arrived they were Teak ( on box). Phoned and spoke to Damien 'waste of space', who said that this has happened before, but teak is mentioned in the lower script. The 6905 boots are on their website 3 times all described as tan AND showing a picture of TAN boot. Teak is mentioned once in ONE of the descriptions. After getting stonewalled by their customer service regarding this and a refusal to pay for return postage, I attempted
to speak with Ben Sutcliffe, the manager who takes Customer service seriously! Guess what? Yes he dose'nt return calls. Will let you know if I get my money back.
Now spoken to Mr Sutcliffe who also thinks showing a picture of a tan boot AND describing it as tan, but sending a TEAK pair is not really their fault but is prepared to get them collected. I have decided to pay for recorded delivery return as I don't trust them without proof of return.
This IS a rogue internet Company
Cheers Chris Churchill

Ive used them a few times...Tormek jigs mostly...as they're usualy the cheapest...them or D&M in Twickenham always seem to be the best two. Their service was great...fast delivery, well packed...nice people

clivethecarpenter":o6rot3aw said:
http://www.fine-tools.com/eputz5.htm

I can recommend this company, super quick delivery
Depending on the exchange rate the prices can be good

I was just about to mention them. I looked the other day and they were very cheap, although I didn't price up shipping.

Back