Yet another Bandsaw post by me!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends entirely on what you want to do, and whether it meets those requirements.
It is limited in size. IME, your bandsaw is never quite big enough for what you want to do with it. I guess that's a measure of getting used to what you can do and finding more things that you could do.
Hasn't been made since 1998 and therefore is well over 15 years old. Many spares are unavailable.

It is pretty cheap though.

Look at the new cost of a similar spec bandsaw and ask yourself whether the difference is worth the fact that you have an older machine and no warranty. Only you can say whether it is worth it.

With no rip fence or mitre guide it's probably not worth bidding on with that starting price.

I have the 3401, almost identical and once it was tuned up, it works like a charm. The cutting height is only 6", but that is a lot better than some newer machines and higher prices. I bought new blades from TuffSaws and prefer to use my own fence when cutting thin sheets, say 1/4", as the original fence is rather poor. PM me if you want any info on this, but at the price it should be a good buy, possibly less without the fence? I have also made a much larger table that I can fit quickly when I want some more accurate cuts.

Alex

Latest posts

Back