Ye Olde Kentish Bash ** 6th March 2010 **

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug B":8fy5i5uw said:
A last minute request #-o #-o

If anyone going tomorrow has a Clifton 5 & 1/2 that you don`t mind me having a play with, would you be kind enough to bring it along please :D

Cheers.

Doug.

I can do that Doug.

OryxDesign
MrsOryx
Wellswood
Wizer

Nigel
johnf
promhandicam
paulm
Paul Chapman
woodbloke
Matt_S
Doug B
JonnyD
Dalboy
StevieB
DaveL
Waka
9fingers
TrimTheKing
jimi43
superunknown +1
bigjoe (doubtful, not heard)
dannykaye
Harbo
Steve Maskery
waterhead37
beaver
kasandrich
chingerspy

I think this is the final Role Call. "Name's not on the list, your not coming in!" :lol:

WellsWood":3qnci514 said:
Doug B":3qnci514 said:
A last minute request #-o #-o

If anyone going tomorrow has a Clifton 5 & 1/2 that you don`t mind me having a play with, would you be kind enough to bring it along please :D

Cheers.

Doug.

I can do that Doug.

That would be great Mark, cheers.

Doug.

superunknown":lq9vzb42 said:
Wow I didn't realise some of you were coming all that way, hope you have a safe drive.

Leaving from Romsey in a few mins to collect Rob, Harbo and Nigel.

Only one lot of roadworks en route so should be on time.

Bob

just got up, is this the middle of the night?? :shock: :lol:

Leaving in about an hour.

Oh boy....I love the smell of Brownies in the morning!!!

:D :D :D :D

Mrs O....get that coffee on...I may even have one of these!!

See ya soon...

Jimi

Sorry boys and girls but I am not going to be able to make it now :(

Have already mentioned to Tom but I have been travelling all week and fully intended to come (even have my train tickets booked!) but after 4 pre 6am starts in a row I just couldn't face a 5am start and 4 hour train journey each way.

Have a top day, I'm gutted to be missing it, and I want to see plenty of pics.

Have fun.

Have a great day all ... hopefully next time I will make it (working this am :( )
I am intrigued - why so many people from Staplehurst on the site? Is this a new posse?

TrimTheKing":21tdany3 said:
Have already mentioned to Tom but I have been travelling all week and fully intended to come (even have my train tickets booked!) but after 4 pre 6am starts in a row I just couldn't face a 5am start and 4 hour train journey each way.

I know exactly what you mean, I get up at 5:30 every day and drive a thousand miles most weeks, so when it comes to the weekends I find it hard to imaging going anywhere much.

Ed

Yeehah! Simon found my car keys - so I am back early enough to be the first to say a big thank you to Sarah, Simon, Tom and Mark. Apart from Sarah being a lady and Ladies first and all that and therefore naming her first in my list to thank, I have a sneaking suspicion that is was she who was responsible for the feast we enjoyed at lunchtime. All my dietary resolutions disappeared as soon as I saw the table groaning with goodies of all descriptions.

Next in my list to thank is all the folk who turned up and helped make my day so enjoyable. It was great to put faces to names and meet new people who share a common interest. Puts the recent curfuffles on the forum into perspective too! (Cabin fever as someone has wisely pointed out).

Lots of gratitude goes the way of those people who brought stuff along to play with. In no particular order as they say on Ice Dancing..

Axminster, Matt at WorkshopHeaven, Harbo, Woodbloke, Wizer, Steve Maskery, Jimi, Clive Searle who demonstrated routing stuff for Axminster, Anon (some tell me who please!) who brought along some super turnings. And no doubt others I missed.

I'll add some more pics when they have uploaded to my site.
+++++++

803597274_F4tRo-L.jpg

Rod (Harbo), Matt (Workshop Heaven), Steve (Promhandicam)

803600311_aHM4C-L.jpg

Bob (9fingers), Tony(Waka), Nigel (?) , Simon (Oryx Design - our host)

803601662_QWHSa-L.jpg

? and Mike (Axminster) Sara, Tony (?) Stevie B and Matt S, Nige, just disappearing

803599856_ZLJrJ-L.jpg

Sarah (Mrs Oryx), Derek (?) , Rob (Woodbloke) Rod (Harbo)

A great day :D Many thanks to Mr & Mrs Oryx for hosting and the really great food and to Tom and Mark.

It was nice to meet a lot of people I've not met before. I really enjoyed Steve Maskery's demonstration of his table saw jig - a fabulous design. And thanks to JonnyD for bringing along the Veritas dowel making thingy for us to try out - I really must get one of those.

All in all a great day.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

waterhead37":34ym891d said:
Anon (some tell me who please!) who brought along some super turnings.

Delboy bought the pens that were on the velvet pads, somebody else bought along a couple of very nice pencils, I bought 3 loose pens and a few other bits, but the bulk of it and the really nice stuff was Michael (MWT on here) but he has not posted on here much, other than a bit in the non wood forum about metal lathes and parting off.

Paul Chapman":1trmf99q said:
A great day :D Many thanks to Mr & Mrs Oryx for hosting and the really great food and to Tom and Mark.

It was nice to meet a lot of people I've not met before. I really enjoyed Steve Maskery's demonstration of his table saw jig - a fabulous design. And thanks to JonnyD for bringing along the Veritas dowel making thingy for us to try out - I really must get one of those.

All in all a great day.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

That was a great bit of kit wasn't it :D

What a superbly organised and attended event...wow...

I was saying to Matt that we could have done a three day event and still have left things out...

Simon and Sarah...wonderful place...beautiful hosts...excellent food...superb conversation...what a class operation! Many thanks guys for hosting...it was very much appreciated.

Tom and Mark...no need to have worried...apart from the raffle being fixed ( :wink: :D ) it went like clockwork...you should organise events for a living!

To the guys who presented..from Axminster...what superb presenters they were...and you KNOW they know their tools...

DSC_0001.JPG

such a cleanly laid out table...some questionable vintage gear....

DSC_0002.JPG

only joking!

Now I ain't too good at the names...so bear with me here...

We also had a wonderful presentation on jigs...initially and programme showed from Colin Searle....

DSC_0017.JPG

wait....no...that is "after"....the audience was standing room only and being a midget I had to jump a bit to see....so no shots of the actual demonstration I am afraid Colin.......but shortly after....the representative for UKW H&S arrived....to discuss jig legality...

DSC_0024.JPG

and we were treated to a "no wink" impromtu demonstrations of legal table saw jigs by Steve....I am happy to report both parties have all limbs and eyes...however there was some question regarding the use of riving knives in the thin plywood cutting mode....more inside jokes later!!!

Kit abounded and was well used by all present...as you can see from the "after" pictures of the shavings!

DSC_0012.JPG

Some people took H&S to the extreme after Roy's talk...

DSC_0046.JPG

I mean...eye protection...mmm...ok....ear protection...mmm no not really...but BODY ARMOUR...now come on mate!!!

I got carried away with the saws... :oops: and this was an interesting subject for me...love the Japanese crosscut the best...JUST what I need!

DSC_0047.JPG

Matt (Workshop Heaven)...I needed to see more of...there simply wasn't time...but next time mate...great to chat with you though...hope you enjoyed the tip on scrapers!

There was even a (rather noisy) demonstration of pasta making...

DSC_0049.JPG

One of the MANY..."I WANT ONE OF THESE" moments....! :D

Very impressive piece of kit that dowel maker....

And last but not least for this post....the raffle...wonderful prizes...thank you guys who donated...

DSC_0052.JPG

Great that you raised about £150 for Woodlands Trust...a very worthy cause...with that Veritas Dowel Maker...we need all the trees we can get!!!

Loads more pics HERE and if anyone wants any hi res ones just yell...

Thank you all for a wonderful day...I will sure try to be at the next one!

Jim

Latest posts

Back