YOKB II - Kent Bash Gathering

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
Ye Olde Kentish Bashe II - Return of the Oryx

Hi Guys

I know it's a long way off yet. But I want to get an idea of when and if people want 'YOKB II: Return of the Oryx' ?

From the feedback last year we seemed to all agree that it need it to be a little bit later in the year. So what about April\May 2011?

If you wouldn't mind just putting your hand up and saying you're interested and comment on when it should be.

We've not started any arrangements yet. Mike Jeffrey is no longer with Axminster, Sittingbourne. So we're not yet sure if they will be coming. But there are plenty of other activities we can organise.

For those who have got this far and don't know what I'm talking about. It's a get together at OryxDesign's workshop, in Staplehurst, Kent. Last year we had some demo's by Axminster and Matthew from Workshop Heaven was also in attendance with lots of goodies. Food, etc is provided.

PS: This is a cross forum event. Members from UKW, TWH and WWUK are all invited. We're all friends....right? ;)

Hey Tom, right attitude. WDTM.

It's a jaunt from here, but if fellow northerners are game, count me in. It was a very welcome day last time.

S

Northerner :shock: your a southerner Steve ,Newcastle is in the north anything south of Scotch Corner is the south :lol:

Looking in the diary and avoiding bank holidays and the odd wedding I have to attend we'll be either looking at either the weekend of April 9 or the weekend of May14.

Last year you all preffered a Saturday, I'm easy so lets see what people think.

Simon

I'm in Tom...later on in the year though please. Although Simon's 'shop is a great venue, t'were a bit parky at YOKB I, so the May date is the one I'd opt for - Rob

No I agree, I had about 3 t-shirts, two jumpers and a jacket and was still shiverrin' :oops:

I'd certainly be interested in coming along. I've got no friends... erm, I mean, I've got nothing in my diary then so any date is good by me :D

Last year's Bashe was superb - but agree a tad cool... :D

For that reason I would err for May too..though there is no guarantee for either month being "warm" these days!

I am absolutely certain that our local Axminster will be up for it...even without Mike...I am sure the new helm manager would agree...have you approached them yet? There is a Japanese tool demo tomorrow I was thinking of attending... :wink:

It is so very kind of Simon to host it again...(and Mrs Oxy too!)

Jim

Alan Jones":3ft7zrv5 said:
Northerner :shock: your a southerner Steve ,Newcastle is in the north anything south of Scotch Corner is the south :lol:

Once you cross the river Tyne you're into the land of the Maccums and therefore the south. :lol:

its a fair old way from here but i'm in, date and work dependent - If i do come i'll be bringing a ford focus estate so if anyone who lives enroute from wilts to kent wants to share lifts and fuel money...

big soft moose":bocm75gd said:
its a fair old way from here but i'm in, date and work dependent - If i do come i'll be bringing a ford focus estate so if anyone who lives enroute from wilts to kent wants to share lifts and fuel money...
Could be a plan Moosey...I'm in Salisbury - Rob

Back