Ye Olde Kentish Bash ** 6th March 2010 **

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many thanks to all who came and for all the very complimentary things people have posted here (quite emarassing some of it ). I very much enjoyed the day though fell asleep at the table in the curry house (exhaustion certainly not company)

I have 1 teapot that I think is kasandrich's and more cake than I know what to do with and surprisingle little else.

Just a quick post to say thanks to Sarah and Simon for hosting the bash and Tom and Mark for all there efforts.

Really enjoyed the day and meeting other forum members and the beers and curry afterwards :D

And also a big thanks to Doug for driving and his hospitality.

cheers

jon

11ua73.jpg

Peter from Axminster demonstrating some drool tools

Then we have a motley collection of observers. We'll assume that the expressions are those of rapt attention rather than terminal boredom, shall we? We did laugh occasionally, I assure you!

11uasv.jpg

Colin, ROB(Woodbloke), Bob (9Fingers)
Sorry Rob, as you say, long day and I still haven't got my eyes in, it was a call to NHS Direct this afternoon - "I'm sorry, I'm not medically trained"..........

11uasw.jpg

Derek (Dalboy), Stevie, Mr C, Paul M. Sorry, I did ask your names but didn't write them down.

11uasz.jpg

Jonny D, Doug B, Mr A again and Mr E

11ua7f.jpg

Mike from Axminster, Sarah, Simon, Rod (Harbo)

11ua77.jpg

Chris (Waterhead), Richard, Mr G

Then there was some fat bloke banging on again about how fantastic his Ultimate Tablesaw Tenon Jig is. Yawn.
11ua7y.jpg

Fortunately it got the thumbs up from Colin Searle, who talked about jigs and safety:
11uasu.jpg

Tom (Wizer) about to be shaved by Rod:
11ua71.jpg

And finally some work:
11ua72.jpg

11ua75.jpg

I'm really sorry I didn't get everyone snapped, and for forgetting so many names :oops: (send me the identities and I'll edit this post). I wish I'd snapped the food too, it was fantastic. I'm glad my cake went well, saves me having to eat it all.

Thank you very much Simon, Sarah, Tom and Mark for organizing such a splendid day and (eventually!) a great night out, too.

2011 here we come!

Cheers
Steve

Good grief, look at you lot up at the crack of dawn on Sunday :lol:
Having taken advantage of a rare opportunity for a lie-in, it's time to set the record straight somewhat.

As I pointed out to a few people yesterday, apart from suggesting in vague terms to Tom while on the way back from Waka's bash last year that, "maybe we should put something together in our neck of the woods", and tidying away a few mugs towards the end yesterday, I can take no credit for this superbly organised event whatsoever. Simon & Sarah's wholehearted adoption of the proceedings along with Tom's input left absolutely nothing for me to do. So thanks to all those who have credited me with helping top lay on the bash, but really it was nothing. No I mean it really was nothing.

Now I've got my confession out of the way let me add my gratitude to all the others for a hugely enjoyable, and rather longer than anticipated day. I think the last of us finally rolled out of the curry house around 11 last night, you Nottingham guys must been absolutely knackered by the time you got home.

Given the great space and Simon & Sarah's enthusiasm this was always destined to be a first rate bash. The congeniality of our hosts, the participation of people like Mike & Peter from Axminster, Matthew's first (AFAIK) bash attendance, Colin Searle's fascinating demo and last, but not least, the simply amazing lunch provided by Sarah and all the cake contributors raised the event far above our hopes and expectations.

Ultimately though a big thanks must go out to all those who attended. All the organisation in the world will go to waste if nobody turns up to participate and exchange info and opinions, and hopefully to leave richer than when they arrived. I know I did.

Thank you.

WellsWood":3h1vk0qe said:
leave richer than when they arrived. I know I did.

Thank you.

Ah so it was you who nicked the raffle money ;)

I`d just like to add my thanks & concur with everyones comments on what an excellent day it was & how nice it was to meet with the UKW members.

Many thanks to Sarah & Simon for hosting the day, supplying the lovely food & drinks & then if that wasn`t enough taking us stragglers for a very enjoyable curry. =D> =D> =D> =D> Though my wisdom at eating a veg chilie for lunch, followed by a veg curry is only just now starting to dawn on me :shock:

Also thanks to Tom & Mark, it was a most enjoyable bash, which has once again added grease to an already very well lubricated slope. 8-[

Finally thanks to Steve & Jonny for the good company on our little jaunt, & rest assurred fellas if synchronized snoring is ever made an Olympic event i know a couple of sure fire winners :wink: :lol: :lol:

Cheers.

Doug

I think one thing that might be good at the next bash is to have one of those annoying but vital role calls..."My name's Fred and I live on Skye and my interests are ferries" sort of things...

Name tags almost worked but some fell off and some were not on in the first place and some were in code (sorry for calling you Roy, Colin! :oops:

Just a thought for next time....

Cheers

Jimi

Steve I only realised who you were after you left. Sorry didn't have time for a chat. Glad you could make it.

Doug, on my way home the thought of chilli followed by curry dawned on me!! :lol: Wish I could have made it. I fell asleep at the laptop and woke up with my hands on the keyboard :shock: :lol:

Steve Maskery":3hwdu96x said:
11uasz.jpg

Jonny D, Doug B, Mr A again and Mr E

(send me the identities and I'll edit this post)

I think I'm Mr. E then - big bloke, grey hoody looking older than I remember :)

Good to see everyone enjoying themselves! I was just trying to take in everything Peter, then later Colin and Steve were saying. I'm a bit new and trying to gather all the info :) I did like that Clifton no.5 that Mark (Wellswood) kindly brought along. British Racing Green mmmm ;)

Yes it is...

Oh oh ok, it's not. It's Mike Jeffrey. Axminster Manager.

Well I am a bit late posting and the pictures are still in the camera, I had a great time yesterday. Thanks to Sarah, Simon and Tom, great shop, very good company and just a few shiny things to lust after.
It is good to meet up with old friends and make new ones, even if I did not get time to talk to everyone. I will admit to making the chunky pencils mentioned back up the thread. Some very nice turning on display, must try some of the ideas, its just time that is the problem.

Talking of time, I lost most of today doing battle with the washing machine, got home yesterday to find my socks still in 2" of water. I have finished putting it all back together and it does appear to be working OK but it put end to any shop time.
I will be posting some pictures, just don't hold your breath. :roll: :wink:

neilthomas123":9nodcegj said:
I've joined the forum in time to say thanks to all involved yesterday. I had a great day and look forward to the next gathering.

Cheers,

Neil. :D

Welcome Neil. Glad you could make it. The invoice for your registration to the forum is in the post ;)

Back