Ye Olde Kentish Bash ** 6th March 2010 **

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve Maskery":3petlkil said:
Hey, I was joking, but that sounds fantastic, thank you!. I'll bring a cake.
How many are on the list now?
S
As was I Mrs O...anything else we can bring to add to the fare? Sounds like it'll be a goodly spread - Rob

Yes it's MrsO doing the cooking. MrsW has a cooking allergy ;)

Glad everyone is happy with the arrangements. It may sound like we're trying to make it too formal, but it won't be like that at all. I don't envisage it being much different from what we've seen at other bashes, except for the Jigs talk which should be very interesting.

I suspect Mike and Matthew are looking in on this thread so hopefully your tool requests will be met. Obviously there is a limit to what they can bring (and let you play with).

If I can bring something along for nibbles then let me know.

I am a forced veggie (medical not political :() I'm allergic to Quorn too, it makes me grimmace every time I try it lol

I'm looking forward to finally meeting Matthew Platt. I'll be the guy waiting around at the back of the drooling throng...........without a wallet!

Mike

Matt_S":adk1t3t7 said:
Maybe next years bash should be held at Earls Court :shock:

Perhaps the following weekend in March at Alexandra Palace would be more appropriate - oh dear, looks like they are already booked up :wink:

Steve

This is shaping up to be a super day. I wish I could go but....

Anyway, why don't you organise a Pot Luck dinner and some folk bring a dish. This would ensure those with allergies or aversions got something they liked and could eat without fear of intestinal repercussions.

Brendan

Mike Garnham":2xv509ve said:
I'm looking forward to finally meeting Matthew Platt. I'll be the guy waiting around at the back of the drooling throng...........without a wallet!

Mike
Mike...drooling is the first sympton, after that comes a twitching sensation as the right hand starts to reach involuntarily for the back pocket :lol: - Rob

Anyone who wants is welcome to bring stuff but I am very happy to cater for the masses. We only have very limited catering equipment in the workshop so the menu is carefully designed so we can have a warm lunch with minimum hassle.

Simon and I consider it our contribution as we both enjoy the forum and are looking forward to the day.

wizer":b4fyidrl said:
you will not be able to buy anything from them on the day.

thats what you think - sittingbourne is more or less on my way home so if i leave a bit early.... ;)

Mike Garnham":333x1bb9 said:

Mike

I met him for the first time last night (whilst swapping a chainsaw for a plane), a thoroughly top bloke imo.

big soft moose":1uor3okd said:
(whilst swapping a chainsaw for a plane)

What were you thinking Pete?!!!!!!!! You've got too many planes already. And you didn't ask me. I'd swap my block plane for a chainsaw.

Mike

Mike Garnham":3vrq8tma said:
big soft moose":3vrq8tma said:
(whilst swapping a chainsaw for a plane)

What were you thinking Pete?!!!!!!!! You've got too many planes already. And you didn't ask me. I'd swap my block plane for a chainsaw.

Mike

that was for work , not for me personally - he swapped a QS no 6 for one of our old saws (as previously for sale here for 75 notes so its a fair exchange).

and what do you mean "too many planes", I only have 2 block planes, 4 number fours, a number 4 and a half, two number fives, a number 7, and a big woody jointer (and two of the 4s and one of the fives is going to work soon)

big soft moose":1um84tkv said:
and what do you mean "too many planes", I only have 2 block planes, 4 number fours, a number 4 and a half, two number fives, a number 7, and a big woody jointer (and two of the 4s and one of the fives is going to work soon)

Hoist on your petard, condemned by your own words.........you have too many planes!

Mike

Phew....thanks for owning up to having four No.4s.I thought having three was a disease....I feel....cleansed!!

You too Jim!

Whilst lazing by the pool today with temps in the mid 30s, I started to think about the upcoming bash (shouldn't be doing that on holiday).

Can the organizing team please let us know what is a convenient time to appear?

Waka":i4q5pll0 said:
Whilst lazing by the pool today with temps in the mid 30s, I started to think about the upcoming bash (shouldn't be doing that on holiday).

Can the organizing team please let us know what is a convenient time to appear?

Also, would they like us to bring a seat?

Bob

Back