Yandles

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Went to Yandles today. Had an excellent time wondering around chatting to people. It was very quiet compared to when I went last year. This was great as people had more time to chat. Don't think it was so good for selling though. Many areas were just empty.

Had a good chat to Philly and Mark Hancock. Always great to see such friendly faces again. Can's say I envy their schedules though (although Mark is doing Austria again in a couple of weeks time).

On the way down I picked up my ebay win (mentioned in a post a few weeks back) of 4 sets of chuck jaws. Managed to identify these as supernova jaws. Looking at selling them as I don't have a supernova chuck and they don't do them for my lathe.

At Yandles I picked up a Marlin drive system from Hegner together with a huge 4 prong attachment. Also picked up a Promax live centre together with a ring and extended tip, again from Hegner. While spending money on Hegner stuff I picked up some new scrollsaw blades.

All in I had a fantastic day and came back with some amazing goodies. You missed a good one if you didn't make it down for this one.

Dave

does the versachuck from toolpost take supernova jaws ? - if it does toolpost can provide it in just about any thread known to man

Might be interested in those jaws if they fit the Patriot (which I think is basically the same chuck?)

Hi Dave

I made it on the Saturday and it was busy on that day. But I have to say more relaxed and like you say more room to chat to people.

A great show as you say and the weather was great.

When I've got some time I'll sort out some photos and dimensions of the jaws. I'm probably a bit mad but I do more faceplate work these days. I've also got a vicmarc chuck which I'd prefer to get some jaws for.

Mark, sorry I missed you. It was Saturday that I was there. Obviously we have different views on what busy is.

Dave

DustyDave":379o751o said:
When I've got some time I'll sort out some photos and dimensions of the jaws. I'm probably a bit mad but I do more faceplate work these days. I've also got a vicmarc chuck which I'd prefer to get some jaws for.

Mark, sorry I missed you. It was Saturday that I was there. Obviously we have different views on what busy is.

Dave

:lol:

I have not been to many shows and live in a quiet town so more than ten people to me and it is busy. The only other show I went to was the North of England which was manic. So in comparison to this it was not a busy.

I enjoy Yandles though for this reason as it seems more relaxed.

Shame I missed you. It would have been good to have met up and chewed the cud over a coffee.

Back