Yandles

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
went off to yandles today with Philly of the plane making fame, Bean the Box maker and Manbag Tony.

Met up with Chas, Paul J and Alan, good to see the regulars again.

Philly and I were very restrained in our spending only buying things we needed, but Bean and Manbag were really throwing caution to the wind, Manbag was spending as if there was no tomorrow, buying nearly al the goodies on the Classic Handtools Stand.

Another good show with plenty of deals to go around.

Looking forward to the next one.

Probably saw you but not having met before didn't recognise you. Met Chas & Paul also. Many thanks to both for the wood.

SWMBO came with me and did all the spending as she has developed an interest in pyrography and wood carving. Maybe put some of her stuff up on the scrolling forum as that seems to be the one for the more 'arty' stuff. Some nice stuff at the show but bought little personally.

Thanks to Mark for letting me have a go with the hollowing tool. Made me realise that I really do need to get some tuition.

Pete

Manbag!! I wonder who that might be ???

I dont know you buy the odd little clamp and a few trinkets .......... But then some of us hadnt spent all our money before we got there.

A good day out, thanks to our Host Waka, and Mrs waka for putting up with us. And to Philly for keeping Waka occupied whilst we tryed to avoid buying things :shock:

Oh and the sailors for following manbag!!

Went yesterday as well and had a good time, some good bargains on the Brimarc stand meant some cash had to be splashed.

Bumped into Aldel during the morning but didn't notice anyone else then left again late morning as I wanted to get back and watch some rugby !

Sorry to have missed the 12.00 get together but sounds like others had a good time also.

Cheers, Paul :D

Well perhaps Saturday is a better day to go than Friday as I did not notice any "real" bargains on the Brimarc stand? 5% off Veritas and nothing off Tormek unless you bought a new machine!
Classic Hand Tools only offered a 7.5% discount on a £260 LN Plane and nothing on Auriou rasps.
Axminster are offering a 10% discount this weekend.
Yandles were offering 15% off their timber but sadly not too many 3"x3" or 4"x4" spindles - finished up buying a fair sized 2.75" thick plank of Goncalo Alves for £22 (guess what I am going to make?) :) And could not resist a nice piece of Ropola Lacewood, but that might be tricky stuff to work?
Must remember to take my folding trolley next time!
Went to the Model Engineers Exhibition at Ascot Racecourse yesterday - fantastic venue! But again was unlucky in finding materials I was looking for - no brass or mild steelplate in the sizes I needed :(

Rod

I saw you all, creating chaos around Martock as i tried driving through :lol:

If that was you i nearly ran off the road in Bower Hinton, i appologise :oops:

I can second the Haggling it does work, It got me a few extra clamps and a bit more off some treasure :D

Bodrighy":23s1wyb9 said:
Thanks to Mark for letting me have a go with the hollowing tool. Made me realise that I really do need to get some tuition.

Pete

Good to see you and glad I was of some help.

Waka":1cyazfwr said:
Rod

Even with the discounts you still have to haggle, trust me it works.

If you have a Waka with you, the extra discounts just seem to appear!!

Thanks for the haggling mate :wink:

must be something in the air, my swmbo also developed an interest in pyrography and carving on saturday!

harbo. buy a copy of model engineer, and check out the suppliers in there.

someone like chronos should have what you need i am sure.

paul :wink:

Welcome to the forum chill

Would you mind putting a rough guide to your location in your profile?

It makes it easier for us to grease whichever slippery slope you are on.

hi chj thanks for the welcome, looking forwards to many informative and fun forums. my location is dorset have now updated my profile

cheers chris

Chill if you go anywhere with waka bury your wallet in the garden and get yor other half to sew up your pockets :wink:

thanks guys for the welcome :D
Bean its ok i have deep pockets and short arms,but ta for the advice

Latest posts

Back