Xmas craft fairs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulm

IG paulm_outdoors
Reaction score
It's that time of year again :roll: :lol:

Doing a small village hall craft fair mid November and a slightly larger one at a community centre nearby the following day. Just for fun really, shift some stuff and if lucky make a few quid for workshop supplies :)

Dusting off the leftovers and stock of bowls from the last ones a few years back and topping up supplies of key fobs, rustic mushrooms and small bowls, but any ideas for other stuff ?

From experience, most stuff needs to be a couple of quid to a tenner to sell, with perhaps a few "showpieces" just in case or to attract commissions, so needs to be stuff that I can turn out reasonably quickly and efficiently, but interesting enough to sell of course.

Was thinking of xmas decorations of some sort, but having a blank moment on the creative front, and maybe some tealight holders but lost track of the debate about safety of those and whether they need liners of some sort ?

Thoughts, ideas and examples very welcome ?!!!

Cheers, Paul

stocking fillers ? Spinning tops for instance, those little ones you spin with finger and thumb.

Got any small (100-150mm) branch bits for small natural edge bowls, show one with a few toffees as fillers and some celo wrap as a gift idea.

I saw turned Xmas trees in a Woodturning mag last year as decorations which should be simple and eye catching.

The items I call my bankers and always sell well are, in no particular order.

Mushrooms
keyrings
Wine bottle stoppers
Wine bottle stands
Paper knives
Apples & pears
Light pulls
Tea light holders, but please put a glass insert in them, I use Ikea ones http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/search/?query=glimma
Ear ring stands
Door wedges

John

Thanks John, your website has some very useful examples and guides too, very helpful.

Cheers, Paul

CHJ":1xlahwms said:
Got any small (100-150mm) branch bits for small natural edge bowls, show one with a few toffees as fillers and some celo wrap as a gift idea.

Just been having a look at your links too Chas and like the idea of small natural edge bowls, think I'll give those a go too probably.

Cheers, Paul

Snowmen, i make millions of these for the school xmas bazzarr and they all go............... anyone with a kid walking past the stall must have one......

I used to hate making snowmen something always went wrong at some stage .Although I would love to be making mistakes again . :cry:

Hi Eugene,

Ive a DML for sale if you want it ! i presume the Nova is gone now ?

Re snowmen, i used to always get the head/tophat junction wrong, and they would look very odd.

Any pics Loz, although I guess they are probably round body, smaller round head and hat maybe ?!!!

Cheers, Paul

If you have a some small branches put on one side for the ever growing possible pen blanc mound, might be worth chopping a few up. not turning as such but a by product anyway.
DSCN3610L.JPG

This was a lump of laburnum done this morning and already left the premises.

Attachments

• DSCN3610L.JPG
    DSCN3610L.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 595
Hey Paul , bit disappointed it wasn't me you asked about the santa's :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

They mostly ended up as bottle stoppers. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Take care.

Back