Xcalibur sliding table dimensions?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phillamb168

Established Member
Reaction score
The day has finally come, I sent Roy at Woodford a deposit for a 10" Xcalibur cabinet saw. Also getting the 10" P/T. I do have a question for y'all though : Roy told me the overall dimensions of the 10" with both extensions tables it measures 27" by 47". I have requested a sliding table for doing panel work but would like to know what the overall dimensions would be if the sliding table is attached. It doesn't seem to be that much longer, but I'd like to make sure before it gets shipped.

could i ask what you paid for the 10" p/t? There is one on the website at about £350 + VAT, and I am interested to know whether that is an out of date model and price or is current.

marcros":3lrrx9ih said:
could i ask what you paid for the 10" p/t? There is one on the website at about £350 + VAT, and I am interested to know whether that is an out of date model and price or is current.

Apparently they changed websites, the new one is woodfordtooling.com

Roy quoted me £565 including VAT, around 450 without VAT.

When do you get it? please post some reviews when you do...

marcros":2ot7z2f2 said:
When do you get it? please post some reviews when you do...

End of April, good lord willing and the creek don't rise. Will be taking the day off the day of delivery so as to verify that the French delivery guys didn't decide to take a sledgehammer to it or something.

I just bought the full monty saw from Roy.... 10 inch cast iron saw complete with router table and the sliding table. The HW110WSE model listed on the Woodford Tooling site. The whole set up is a Harvey saw, almost identical to the Grizzly and Laguna saws sold in the USA but at UK spec. There are plenty of reviews on You Tube (search Laguna sliding table) and the manuals are available on the Laguna and grizzly sites. I have to say the quality of the sliding table and miter gauge is superb! ZERO side to side play and so smooth!!! Worth every penny!

Table Size – 47” x 9”
Extension Table Dimensions – 13 3/4” x 9”
Max. Table Travel – 55”
Max. Cross Cut Length – 48”
Cut off fence & miter gauge can angle to plus/minus 50 degree with preset stops at 0, -45 and + 45 degrees.
2 Heavy Duty Support Legs with adjustable feet
1 Miter Gauge Flip Stop
Miter Gauge Length – 31”
Miter Gauge Extension – 10”
Box Dimensions – 51”L x 13”W x 8”H
N. Weight – 30kg
G. Weight – 34kg

Search you tube for Craftex CX series sliding table attachment Good video review by Mark Eaton. Product is identical to the one sold by Roy. I cant praise mine highly enough and i love the red anodised finish!

Berniesquash":2qc26ihv said:
Search you tube for Craftex CX series sliding table attachment Good video review by Mark Eaton. Product is identical to the one sold by Roy. I cant praise mine highly enough and i love the red anodised finish!

Perfect. I had seen the overall dimensional specs on Roy's site but was having trouble visualizing it. I found the video and will watch it on lunch break. Thanks again!

I am looking to get the 12" version as soon as my workshop build is ready to house it. I was told last year that the sliding tables were discontinued. Do you know what the model number of the sliding table is so that I can talk to Roy about it?

Please also a review would be great, with pics and video even better :)

I have been told by Roy that they no longer carry the 12" cabinets, 10" only.

And after watching that video, wow, that sliding table is tiny!!!!

Bernie, how do you like the router table addition?

Berniesquash":ihmpzh79 said:
I just bought the full monty saw from Roy.... 10 inch cast iron saw complete with router table and the sliding table. The HW110WSE model listed on the Woodford Tooling site. The whole set up is a Harvey saw, almost identical to the Grizzly and Laguna saws sold in the USA but at UK spec. There are plenty of reviews on You Tube (search Laguna sliding table) and the manuals are available on the Laguna and grizzly sites. I have to say the quality of the sliding table and miter gauge is superb! ZERO side to side play and so smooth!!! Worth every penny!

The router table is excellent also (there are video reviews also on You Tube - search Craftex Router table...) it's very versatile - you can position the fence at any angle so if routing long pieces - you have the benefit of being able to use the full table width of the saw. Dust collection is also very good. The whole product is very well thought out!

Berniesquash":3t3g1p3b said:
The router table is excellent also (there are video reviews also on You Tube - search Craftex Router table...) it's very versatile - you can position the fence at any angle so if routing long pieces - you have the benefit of being able to use the full table width of the saw. Dust collection is also very good. The whole product is very well thought out!

Could you also post a few pictures of the whole setup?

Phil - this is a link to a photo of my set up... The difference between this photo and my set up is the blade guard - The UK spec machine has a dust extraction port built into the blade guard. Everything else is as you see here. It's all very nice! http://***********************/catalog/product/gallery/id/1184/image/3821/

Berniesquash":257h5v1q said:
Phil - this is a link to a photo of my set up... The difference between this photo and my set up is the blade guard - The UK spec machine has a dust extraction port built into the blade guard. Everything else is as you see here. It's all very nice! http://***********************/catalog/product/gallery/id/1184/image/3821/

So it looks to be about 1.5 meters x 1 meter in total footprint then? Think I'm going to have to get that router table. Way cheaper than building my own, plus look at that cast iron table. Solid.

This page: http://***********************/accessor ... 10wse.html says the floor space is 1.7 x 1.2m

You'll also have overhang.

I agree the router fence / slots / table looks really nice, however the one thing that has stopped me from ordering it (I've just ordered the saw with sliding table as next batch is coming in April), is the fact that there will be no way to do above table depth adjustment.

I have a cheap table with a handle on the side, and I can get 1/1000 with a small turn, however having to go under, release the lock, adjust the height, go back above and check etc... not for me.

it's possible this:
goim124.gif

mast-R-lift excel could be fitted as it has a handle that comes out the side, however that could get in the way...

I am sure it's great and if you have limited space more so, and if you are already used to "going down" to make adjustments, then completely perfect - but it's a consideration. Fine adjustment from above is so nice.

Could always just drill through the table? My triton has a little tool that slips in from a hole in the top of the router plate to do the fine adjustments...

That's my plan - I use the Bosch GMF1600 router with the fixed base so a 4mm hole drilled through the table top will allow me to adjust the router bit height without breaking my back.... :) I'm also intending to build a dust housing for the router body. The whole set up once complete will be awesome! Anyone buying the sliding table also needs to consider perfect alignment of the sliding table to the saw blade. Installed from the box - I had to make a small adjustment to ensure it was dead on - you can either use the 5 cut method (time consuming!) or measure the distance with a dial gauge - after ensuring the table miter slots are also aligned. Easy job and once you've set up the miter attachment at dead on 90 - you will use the slider and flip stop probably more than you do the fence.

Back