WTF! Nail Gun fires a brad across the workshop...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gidon":2dnmazrk said:
matt
Funnily enough I've had the exact same thing happen with the exact same nailer!
I try not to have any of my nailers loaded with nails when I connect them up - especially that one (think I've used it about twice ever).
Cheers
Gidon

Glad I binned mine. I'd never forgive myself if I forgot its "habit" one day and someone else in the room took the brad. It only cost me a tenner at the D&M just over a year ago.

I think I'd be reporting it to the manufacturer - I think that's serious enough for a product recall.

It sounds like the safety and trigger had both been engaged while it was unplugged - in the toolbox or whatever - this then left the mechanism unlatched/activated. Just waiting to fire. So when you plugged it in bang.

I'd always assumed these devices used the power to arm the mechanism and then you released it mechanically. This would prevent a misfire except if a nail had jammed. And when the mechanism rewound it would free any jam. What you've had happen sounds like the mechanism armed without latching because the latch was already released or like the release is partly electrical and completed when you plugged it in. Neither sounds very failsafe - as you and another poster reported.

gidon":2ci17dhj said:
matt
Funnily enough I've had the exact same thing happen with the exact same nailer!
I try not to have any of my nailers loaded with nails when I connect them up - especially that one (think I've used it about twice ever).
Cheers
Gidon

When I read the OP I had a strange feeling of DeJaVu. Have you posted about that before?

while building my workshop I had a double tap with my large framing nailer. I winced as the 90mm nail careened through the trees and onto the golf course at the back! I didn't know wheather to shout 'four' or pray! Luckily no one was on the eighteenth at the time. :oops:

Back