Would you believe I have got another lemon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DW, once in awhile, when I was still selling cameras and running camera stores, I would have customers tell me that every camera they ever bought was a lemon. I finally figured out it wasn't the cameras, it was the customers. Maybe that's the case here. You seem to be the common denominator in all these cases.

:lol: :lol: I'm just teasing.

I hope you get this straightened out soon. In the meantime, feel free to stop in and use my tablesaw whenever you like. I'm not kidding about that. :wink:

DaveR, departure 10.00hrs. Wed. should be with you pm with help of time difference.
Tea, not iced, no sugar plus skimmed milk please.

You might think I am teasing but I am not. :p

Calling forum members with a tablesaw.

How wide is your gullet?. yeah yeah I have heard that one :)

also how much clearance each side of the blade?

devonwoody":2aj3rz0w said:
Calling forum members with a tablesaw.

How wide is your gullet?. yeah yeah I have heard that one :)

also how much clearance each side of the blade?

DW, you'll see mine tomorrow but I have less than the thickness of a sheet of newspaper between the teeth and sides of the throat plate on my saw. Of course my throat plate is made of MDF. ;)

What do you want for dinner?

I just searched for Tony's thread when he got his.
The pictures show that the base and cast iton top come seperately.
Is there not any adjustment on this to add more clearence to the left side of the blade?
Also if it does come like this I would have thought it would be down to the user to straighten the mitre gauge slots to the blade?

DW,
I fitted a plug (13 amp) works perfectly..

the trunnion has got adjustment as stated , like i said just a case of fine tuning the saw table...did you try screwing left hand side of insert, did you get anymore clearance???

Things must have changed Matt, the ci top is now fitted to the top cabinet and a lower base is just panels and extension legs. Mentioned above the trunions are factory fitted and I told Axminster if they werent putting it right they can have the saw back which they are agreeable to do but I would like a perfect saw at my age, Not busting my aorta for their mistakes.

Dave, dinner , ummmmmmmmmm

Buffalo steak, very rare would be nice. The last time I ordered it I nearly got scalped. :wink:

NeilO":2tnfol73 said:
DW,
fitted plug (13 amp) works perfectly..

the trunnion has got adjustment as stated , like i said just a case of fine tuning the saw table...did you try screwing left hand side of insert, did you get anymore clearance???

No help trying to push the insert over, it wont go. Of course an insert that gave more clearance on my left hand side would perhaps look right but there would still be a massive gap to the right and the tommybar slot gives the game away that something is wrong. If your tommy bar doesnt hold when you undo or tighten up the blade, say goodbye to woodworking for a week or two :twisted:

Dave R":w3t2e9ay said:
Alright. I'll take the water off the burner, too. My wife and kid are going to be sad. :cry:

So how much do you want for your Triton? :wink:

It obviously priceless. Cuts accurately, never broken down in five years, its just the colour that puts you off :)

Can anyone with the same saw please confirm that the riving knife should be fitted between the two plates as per pic. below?

2007_0912axminster200017w.jpg

Yes the riving knife goes between the two plates - it was fitted that way when the saw arrived, and aligns with the blade (at least it did after I adjusted it with the bolts that the manual says should not be adjusted)

Regards

jonathan

Yes Jhalfa, that why I also asked the question on the thread. Only the manual is not very explicit which side of the plates it should fit. Logically it could be fitted to the outside of the plate, because for the knife to rest on bolt points is a little unusual IMHO inside the plates.

It can be fitted outside the plate, just requires adjustment of the 4 positioning bolts accessed by taking the righthand side of the case off.

I will do this when I make another riving knife. The existing one has the annoying property of being taller than the blade and therefore not fully retracting into the body of the saw when the blade is lowered. Like most people, the table saw functions as both a table and a saw so having a large riving knife sticking out is not helpful. Also it sits a little too far away from the blade for my liking.

Other improvements I made to the saw were to take the outfeed table off and build a mobile storage unit / outfeed table instead, also I took the sliding table off and mounted the righthand table extension on the left. This has left space on the right for me to build a router table into the saw so that I can use the table saw fence as a router table fence as well.

I am happy with the saw for what it is worth

Regards

jonathan

Back