would a Aximinster TS-200 sliding table fit onto a Kity 419

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graycbr

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys
would a Aximinster TS-200 sliding table fit onto a Kity 419 table saw ?
Would it bolt straight on ?

I can measure the kity one if it helps. I expect that it probably will. May need shimming. Having a look at the 2 exploded parts diagrams would probably tell you, but I expect that the fixing method will be the same. I assume that you are talking the whole lot- fixing arms, extruded part and the carriage itself rather than trying to mix and match?

graycbr":15worv8s said:
hi guys
would a Aximinster TS-200 sliding table fit onto a Kity 419 table saw ?
Would it bolt straight on ?

I don't own or have access to both - just the TS-200 - so I can't speak with complete certainty, but:

- My understanding is that the TS-200 is a complete clone of the Kity 419
- IIRC someone posted on here a while back about using an Axminster fence rail on their 419, and it was an identical extrusion
- Photos I've seen of the 419's sliding table look identical to my TS-200's
- The sliding table setup portion of Steve Maskery's Workshop Essentials tablesaw-setup looked to have been done on a 419 (perhaps he can confirm this) and again, throughout the video it looked identical to my TS-200's.

So my guess would be that yes, the TS-200's accessories would fit the Kity 419 fine. If Marcros wants to measure his Kity I can take the same measurements on my TS-200 and compare.

no problem measuring anything. i use a ts200 short fence on my 419 and it is fine.

I am not sure what we actually need to measure that will be useful. Looking at the ts200 manual http://www.axminster.co.uk/downloads/718641_manual.pdf the parts look identical. The long flat extrusion fits to the 2 arms which bolt through the table. A touch of locktite is useful on these nuts, low strength stuff. the only thing that can pipper it up is if the arms are not long enough I guess, so there isnt sufficient space between the table and the extrusion.

I am 99% confident it will fit. the 1% reservation is because you would come running to me if it didnt wanting your money back!

may have the chance of a cheap kity 419 with just two extra table extensions ,thinking the TS-200 sliding kit will fit as it's alot cheaper than the kity kit .
so far looks good but anyone done this ?

marcros":9xbqtkxq said:
I am not sure what we actually need to measure that will be useful

I would check:
- the distance between the bolts on the table that the support arms attach to (IIRC it's two bolts on each arm)
- the distance between the last of those bolts and the edge of the tabletop
- the distance between the (same) last of those bolts and the inner edge of the sliding carriage when mounted
- the width of the support arms where they're adjacent to bits of the saw
- the depth distance between the top of the tabletop and the top of the support arm (say, at the point the support arm just emerges from under the tabletop).

If all those measurements are the same, it seems to me that the Ax sliding table assembly would fit on the Kity saw regardless of whether any of the other measurements differed.

That said, it would probably also be worth dropping an email to the Axminster technical support department - I've found them very helpful in the past and they'll probably know if their accessory will fit the 419. If you buy over the Internet from Ax then you have the standard Distance Selling no-quibble return period anyway, and Ax have a good customer service reputation, but if they give you the OK before you buy as well then that should surely put you in a pretty good position if it ends up not fitting!

Back