woudl like to see other peoples table saw extensions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcjwebb

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all, am currently looking for ideas and ways to make my table saw bigger and better for larger sheet good work, and wondered if anyone wouldnt mind posting some pics of what they have done, also anyone who has made there own rip fence as would love to see them.

Thank you

Marc

I built a router table cabinet and i made it such that i bolt it to the side of my table saw and it becomes the side extension for wider boards. will take a photo over weekend.

Yep I did the same. Obviously the router fence comes off if needed for ripping wider stuff.
14371319071220.jpg

Attachments

• 14371319071220.jpg
    14371319071220.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 232
That's an excellent idea Woodmonkey and really nicely done. Any chance of sticking some more photos up.

I was looking to do the same as Marc and that has really inspired me.

Jonny

Sure I will post some more pics next week when I'm back in the workshop. I can't claim the idea though I stole it from someone else on here…can't remember who

hows your experience with that saw been anyway, currently on look out for a replacement of my ts200, for someting with more infeed sapce and slightly better for bigger work like panels and sheet

The saw is ok it will rip through 3" oak or beech quite happily, but for cutting panels or sheet goods you will be much better off with a track saw, more accurate easier to use and no tear out

Before I bought a track saw I made an out feed table for my AGS so I could support sheet materials when cutting them, I fitted my router to it, T track & made a removable fence. Made from 26mm MFC it doubled as an assembly table

IMG_0675_zps27b5da3d.jpg

Apologies for the poor pictures, but this is my TS200 extension. It is basically two pieces od 12mm birch ply laminated together, and then a stainless steel type laminate glued to the top and edges. Slot routed down one side with a UKJ ally rail screwed into it. Then routed a hole it for the router plate insert (bought from Amazon in the US for about £40 delivered to the UK).

Lots better than the pressed steel Axminster extension.

The wood outfeed table at the back I made out of spare bits of old pine ikea furniture (cut and planed). It is basically on castors with a lower shelf for the Titan thicknesser/planer, it also has slots routed into to that to continue the mitre slots. With it being on castors, and at the same height of the TS, I can either use it as an outfeed table or move it around to the left side to give more stability to larger bits.

Now I have the Dewalt tracksaw, I am pretty much using that for any sheet goods anyway...

Attachments

• ts-ext-2.jpg
    ts-ext-2.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 90
  • ts-ext.jpg
    ts-ext.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 90
Back