Worx saw- Festo rail compatibility

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Pullen

Established Member
Reaction score
My new Worx revolver circular saw is apparently designed to be compatible with the Festo guide rails. the groove in the base is 16mm wide and it is approx 92.5mm from the groove to the edge of the blade. Can anyone confirm whether this is the same as a festo saw. Cheers Andy

nickson71":2o62cpk2 said:
Not got a clue ...... don't own any Festo kit

sorry I can't help ... but it breaks the silence :D

Cheers, it's the thought that counts. If there's ever anything I can't help you with , just shout. :D :D :D

On that link it sats the groove is 5/8" which would be okay but it says it is 4 3/4" from the groove to the blade which would be about an inch more than the worx saw is. Maybe among the forum tumbleweed someone else will chip in with something. :wink: Thanks again.

I would be surprised that such a cheap saw would be compatible with the Festool rails.

Is it the one on Screwfix for £139 if I get a minute I will measure my rails for you.

chipp71970":1imm93f9 said:
I would be surprised that such a cheap saw would be compatible with the Festool rails.

Is it the one on Screwfix for £139 if I get a minute I will measure my rails for you.

It is the same one as screwfix sells. I suppose any manufacturer can put a groove where they like in their own saw baseplate. Worst case scenario is that Festo sell a few extra guide rails, it's not like they are copying the saws and so undermining the brand. I read about the apparent compatibility on another forum and they called it a 'Ghetto Festo', made me smile.

Keith Smith":1hhq41d8 said:
Hi Andy, the groove is exactly 16mm wide but the blade is 120mm away from the edge of the groove

Keith
Not completely compatible then. That's fine I wasn't about to rush out and get one but just wondered, 'just in case', you never don't know what might turn up do you. Thanks for measuring it all the same.
Andy

Andy Pullen,

Strange silence on the Festo guiderail dimensions considering most forum members claim to be Festo saw owners.

Now you have an answer are you happy? Next time have a bit of patience, because most forum members claim to work and have families, so if they have not answered your post you can be sure there is a good reason for it, and they will get to you as soon as they can. On the other hand I used to say the same sort of thing. What I am trying to say is, members will not help you any sooner if you get uptight.

Cheers

Mike

Andy Pullen":gq72lsd6 said:
Not completely compatible then.
Andy

Not exactly no :lol:

Although if you put a metal cutting blade in you could cut yourself a very close tollerance fit rail (hammer)

:lol:

Although with it having a groove you could probably make yourself a guide rail from thin ply if you ever found the need

Its 121mm from the rubber splinter guard edge to the edge of the ridge that the saw runs on and the ridge is 16mm wide.

With the Festool saws you can adjust the play on the groove that goes over the ridge on the straight edge which I wouldn't have thought you could do with your Worx saw.

Hope this helps.

Chris

With the Festool saws you can adjust the play on the groove that goes over the ridge on the straight edge which I wouldn't have thought you could do with your Worx saw.

Hope this helps.

Chris
Thanks Chris, actually the Worx saw does have two adjusters for guide rail fit in a similar way to the Festo, they are made of something like nylon. Cheers Andy

Mike.C":2j92m02x said:
Andy Pullen,

Strange silence on the Festo guiderail dimensions considering most forum members claim to be Festo saw owners.

Now you have an answer are you happy? Next time have a bit of patience, because most forum members claim to work and have families, so if they have not answered your post you can be sure there is a good reason for it, and they will get to you as soon as they can. On the other hand I used to say the same sort of thing. What I am trying to say is, members will not help you any sooner if you get uptight.

Cheers Andy

Mike

Thanks for the reply Mike, I've been on enough forums now to know that a friendly nudge often works wonders, this thread being the proof of that particular pudding :D . Cheers Andy

I am surprised they have the adjustment but I wouldn't really look at worx as I would class it as a diy make, never know maybe they will catch on.

As a pro I stick to the well established makes like Makita, Bosch, etc etc

Only time I noticed them is when they came out well in a test on circular saws in good woodworking but I didn't read the full review so didnt know about the adjustments.

Do they not do a worx guide rail?

I have the one of the worx saws from Screwfix and it is not a diy model .
They do do a diy range in Argos with is orange. :wink:

Very nice saw that I am happy with and use it on my EZ rails :)

Latest posts

Back